[TH] Import Tools [Deleted]

I want to re-import users, threads, post for new user's as well as new post be imported also.
Just follow the steps and this should do what you want to do. However, if you didn't save the import log when you first imported, then you won't be able to do step 4 and this won't work as there needs to be a record of what has already been imported (otherwise it will just try and import it again).

I'm trying to import attachments, but it won't budge above 0.00.
There are also zero errors, and I've tried importing from database and filesystem.
I'm using the vBulletin 4 import script.
Everything else works fine, it's just attachments that doesn't wanna work :(
EDIT
I never clicked RETRIEVE ARCHIVED LOG in the bottom left of the admincp, it seems to be chugging along and I'll post if I have anymore errors :)
Yeah it worked. Sorry about the hasty post.

So just to be sure I don't mess things up. I did the import to my dev site with this installed. Now before I go live I just need to redo the post import and it will skip any posts already imported?

So just to be sure I don't mess things up. I did the import to my dev site with this installed. Now before I go live I just need to redo the post import and it will skip any posts already imported?
Should be able to. You can redo the step as many times as you like, so why not make a few posts and test it out to get comfortable first? Let me know if you have any problems.

I just did. It didn't bring any new posts over.
Can you confirm the steps you are taking? Are you undo-ing the step and then running it again, or are you running the whole import again? If you are doing the whole import again, you need to make sure that you retrieve the archived import log, otherwise it doesn't know where to put all your new posts. Instructions for that are here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-tools-by-waindigo.41376/#post-448592

I'm doing it according to the instructions. I loaded the import log first. It's not duplicating any posts it's just skipping over them like they're already imported and showing 0 imported.

I'm doing it according to the instructions. I loaded the import log first. It's not duplicating and posts it's just skipping over them like they're already imported and showing 0 imported.
Could you be more specific please as to the exact steps you are taking.

I did it exactly as outline in that thread. I just did it again and this time instead of showing 0 posts imported it showed the total number of threads on vb site. So I did not finalize again since I would have duplicate threads? Or does this addon do it's work after finalizing and skip the already imported ones?

Ok that worked. I guess I just misunderstood what would be displayed to me. I thought it would display that it imported the difference amount and not the total from the old forum. I went ahead and finalized again and only the new stuff was added. So good job and thanks for saving me from having to redo everything. :D

I finished all my imports, uninstalled the app and now I get constant errors even though everything displays just fine on the site.

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xf_import_log' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Stack Trace

#0 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?????SELECT old...')
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?????SELECT old...')
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?????SELECT old...')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(808): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????SELECT old...', 'post')
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Import.php(340): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs('?????SELECT old...', 'post')
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Import.php(456): XenForo_Model_Import->getImportContentMap('post', 46077)
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Dark/vB4Redir/Route/Prefix/Threads.php(15): XenForo_Model_Import->mapPostId(46077)
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Route/Prefix.php(86): Dark_vB4Redir_Route_Prefix_Threads->match('4297-so-quiet-h...', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(XenForo_Router))
#8 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Route/Prefix.php(66): XenForo_Route_Prefix->_loadAndRunSubRule('XenForo_Route_P...', '4297-some-thread-t...', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(XenForo_Router))
#9 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Router.php(61): XenForo_Route_Prefix->match('threads/4297-so...', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(XenForo_Router))
#10 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(145): XenForo_Router->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(261): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->route(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(128): XenForo_FrontController->route()
#13 /home/mysite/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(80) "http://mysite.com/threads/4297-some-thread-title?p=46077&viewfull=1"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["p"] => string(5) "46077"
    ["viewfull"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I finished all my imports, uninstalled the app and now I get constant errors even though everything displays just fine on the site.
This error seems to be caused by the VB4 redirection script you have installed. The error is that the xf_import_log table is missing.

Did you at any point try to retrieve an archived log from a table that didn't exist and get an error like this:
It is not possible to retrieve the table 'archived_import_log' due to the following error: Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'xenforo.archived_import_log' doesn't exist

You can fix this by reinstalling the Import Tools by Waindigo and retrieving the archived log using the correct table name.

If an archived log table no longer exists, then you will need to perform a full re-import of your VB4 data -- if your XenForo site is now live, the re-import can be done on a separate test site, and you can then copy the xf_import_log over to your live XenForo install.

Hope this helps.

You can also create a blank xf_import_log table with the following SQL code:
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `xf_import_log` (
  `content_type` varbinary(25) NOT NULL,
  `old_id` varbinary(50) NOT NULL,
  `new_id` varbinary(50) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`content_type`,`old_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

This will stop the error you are getting, but your VB4 redirect script won't work if the import log is empty.

Top Bottom