[TH] Import Tools [Deleted]

...it just didn't add the new posts that had been made between imports.
Just installed phpbb and did an import. It appears to work perfectly. Have you actually checked some of the threads to see if the posts are there? It might be that you just need to rebuild the caches to reflect the posts that have been imported in the second step since the forum caches, which store the last post information, would have been set at the point that you imported the forum.

finally, an impex version came out already :)
I don't even know what this means. It sounds good though.

Just installed phpbb and did an import. It appears to work perfectly. Have you actually checked some of the threads to see if the posts are there? It might be that you just need to rebuild the caches to reflect the posts that have been imported in the second step since the forum caches, which store the last post information, would have been set at the point that you imported the forum.
Does just the thread info cache need to be rebuilt? I tried another import (still says Imported 0 items) and thread info cache rebuild. No new threads/posts.

Does just the thread info cache need to be rebuilt? I tried another import (still says Imported 0 items) and thread info cache rebuild. No new threads/posts.
Can't understand why you are getting 0 items. I get the total number of items (including previously imported items).

If you are retrieving the log, are you retrieving it AFTER you have started the import? If not, this is what you need to do.

Can't understand why you are getting 0 items. I get the total number of items (including previously imported items).

If you are retrieving the log, are you retrieving it AFTER you have started the import? If not, this is what you need to do.
Ok looks like that did it! Thanks!

Since my install location for phpBB and XenForo were different, I copied over /"phpBB root"/files to /"XenForo root"/files through ssh. Then I just redid the import on top of the existing import from phpBB and skip everything except "Import Attached Files".

Since my install location for phpBB and XenForo were different, I copied over /"phpBB root"/files to /"XenForo root"/files through ssh. Then I just redid the import on top of the existing import from phpBB and skip everything except "Import Attached Files".
Don't forget to rate the Addon and Review it.

phpbb importing users, got this error:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 782
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/PhpBb3.php at line 998
  9. XenForo_Importer_PhpBb3->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/PhpBb3.php at line 821
  10. XenForo_Importer_PhpBb3->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/PhpBb3.php at line 610
  11. XenForo_Importer_PhpBb3->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  12. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mskayak/public_html/xf/admin.php at line 13

phpbb importing users, got this error:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 782
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/PhpBb3.php at line 998
  9. XenForo_Importer_PhpBb3->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/PhpBb3.php at line 821
  10. XenForo_Importer_PhpBb3->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/PhpBb3.php at line 610
  11. XenForo_Importer_PhpBb3->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  12. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mskayak/public_html/xf/admin.php at line 13

What exactly are you trying to achieve that you need my add-on for? Are you merging multiple phpbb boards?

So i can do the import later even if I remove your addon?
Sorry, I misread your post. Why do you want to re-import users, posts and user groups? Are there some missing?

Please see my previous post:
The steps are as follows:
  1. Do an import.
  2. Finalise the import.
  3. Start a new import.
  4. Retrieve the log from the old import (you will need to exit the importer to do this).
  5. Skip any steps you don't need to re-do.
  6. Re-do the other steps.
  7. Finalise the import again.
You will get that error if you skip straight to step 5 + 6 without doing step 4.

Sorry, I misread your post. Why do you want to re-import users, posts and user groups? Are there some missing?

Please see my previous post:
You will get that error if you skip straight to step 5 + 6 without doing step 4.
I want to re-import users, threads, post for new user's as well as new post be imported also.

Top Bottom