[TH] Import Tools [Deleted]

Thanks.

I've been customising the forum and setting it up all week.
I just took a backup of the database before I tried 'refreshing' the import (to catch all the users threads and posts from last week).

Start import, select "retain content ID's"
Configure database,
Select "Retrieve import log"
Skip unnecessary steps (usergroups etc).
Import Users.
Starts going through them, gets to 100% and craps out with a 503.
A quick 'back' in the browser and it goes back to Importing...100% then craps out again.
Selecting "Import External Data" and "Continue Import" gives me either a 503 or a Memory Error
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 271581184) (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in /******/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

Any ideas?

Might be a bug with the importer. To skip the step, go to:
/admin.php?import/skip-step&step=users

You should then be able to complete the rest of the steps, or you may want to try repeating that step and seeing if you get the same error.

Yeah, I tried repeating it and it gives me the same error unfortunately. It's *mostly* a 503 (Although occasionally it's still an Out of Memory error).
Unfortunately I can't skip this step as it's the step I need to import. There have been more users signed up to the original forums since I first imported.

This step should be able to be run without this add-on enabled, because it never imports duplicate users. Try that and see if it works.

I assumed from the fact that it got to 100% that it had imported the extra users and was then just error-ing, but I guess that is not the case?

Sorry, my apologies. Yes it did get to 100% and yes the users were there.
I did then try and import threads and posts too, watched it for a while going through and left it going overnight. However I woke up to a system error (I think it was a duplicate primary key, I can't remember now, damn). No new threads or posts had appeared at all.

Sorry if my answers are a little vague or inexperienced. This whole import thing really does confuse me :D

Anything in the server error log? If you can find the exact error, drop me a PM with details of how to access your database (i.e., phpMyAdmin) and I can see if I can find out why it is error-ing.

A duplicate primary key usually means that you haven't imported the log correctly or you have this add-on disabled.

No worries about the vague/inexperienced answers. This is quite an advanced tool. It was initially designed as a disaster recovery tool, so it isn't particularly user friendly but it can be a life-saver if you get the hang of it.

Best thing to do would probably be to finish the import at the stage it is currently at, export the log and then try this whole process of re-importing again.

Thanks. Unfortunately I nuked the error log in a stupid moment of cleanliness.
I think it came about because I'd gone through this, tried continuing the import, and it failed again, so I had to start a new import. It said there was unarchived imported data, so I had to save that to continue. (This is where I get confused, saving data over the original table? etc etc).

However, I did have the nouse to take a full mysqldump of the database before I tried all this last night, so I'm in the process of setting up ZendServer locally and I'm going to set it up there and try again.

I have imported a vbulletin 3.8 forum into XF. Now I want to reimport it because the database has grown a lot since the first import. I am getting this:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '5' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 599
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in Waindigo/ImportTools/Extend/XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 58
  9. Waindigo_ImportTools_Extend_XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Override/Model/Import.php at line 26
  10. XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 637
  11. XenForo_Model_Import->importUserGroup() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 354
  12. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUserGroups() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  13. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 195
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 247
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 190
  16. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  17. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  18. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /admin.php at line 13

Do you have any idea how to resolve this?

@Digital Doctor You seem to be completely be missing the point of this add-on. The point of this add-on is that you don't have to do what @Mike suggests.

@Alfa1 Watch the video and make sure you are doing the steps in the correct order. My guess is that you haven't imported the log or have imported it at the wrong step.

Thanks. But when troubleshooting, it helps to fully read what is being asked. @Alfa1 has asked about how to do this without doing a fresh install, so doing a fresh install is not a solution. Also, the fact that @Alfa1 posts in this thread should make it clear that a fresh install is not desired since the purpose of this add-on is to avoid having to do a fresh install.

@Alfa1 Watch the video and make sure you are doing the steps in the correct order. My guess is that you haven't imported the log or have imported it at the wrong step.
Well yeah, that is the problem. There is no log. I know stupid. But after having to reinstall my dev site many times without any need for it, I did not create it this time. And ofcourse that is the time I need it. lol.

Oops. If you used the "retain ids" option it may be possible to create a "fake" log. You might be able to do this by doing an xf to xf import and using the log from that. If not, drop me a PM if that is something you might be interested in contributing towards.

Importing the xf db to the same xf database only partially works. It works for threads, posts & members, which is most important in this case. But when importing conversations it runs in an infinite loop. Importing nodes leads to the exact same error as above.
Its not possible to skip any step that leads to that error.

Are you following the example in the video and importing the log? If you are not importing the log, then you might as well have this add-on disabled.

There has to be a log first. Therefore I am following your instructions of creating a log by importing the XF database to itself.

Top Bottom