[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
@Jake B.

I purchased the add and having an issue, besides the one with the resize, I have it set for 20 featured threads, that should means 20 pictures on the carousel, it was doing good until Yesterday, now it will only post 5 pictures on the slider regardless of the settings. See for yourself:

1576855785572.webp

@Jake B.

I purchased the add and having an issue, besides the one with the resize, I have it set for 20 featured threads, that should means 20 pictures on the carousel, it was doing good until Yesterday, now it will only post 5 pictures on the slider regardless of the settings. See for yourself:

View attachment 215486

It looks like you’ve got yours setup as I do as well, as a widget for the forums main page. Under the Widget settings there’s also an option for “Maximum Entries” that if my memory serves correct we had to adjust too.

is it possible to reconfigure the widget, so when it shows 4 items, they would all be the same size? like this:

0.webp

instead of the way how it is now:

1.webp

That would give me possibility to use background images 500 x 282 instead of 1000 x 563 I use now. which would make load them 4 time faster.

Hello, is it possible to rename FEATURES to NEWS or something else? Features is a strange way or saying "this is the news".

That's true! I don't think I was being specific enough, I want the main nav to say News instead of Features. I did try and change this within public nave but I am unable to change the preset name as it is greyed out.

That's true! I don't think I was being specific enough, I want the main nav to say News instead of Features. I did try and change this within public nave but I am unable to change the preset name as it is greyed out.

XenForo blocks editing the phrase through the interface, should be able to search phrases for nav.thfeature to edit it through the phrase manager instead

XenForo blocks editing the phrase through the interface, should be able to search phrases for nav.thfeature to edit it through the phrase manager instead

Thank you! Now my next and final question would be to change the url from Featured to News.

Otherwise its a brilliant addon and well worth te money, one of the best "portal" solutions I have ever used and so easy to use!

• Let us "stick" featured post in the Grid / Post Stream
  • Let us say "only post with featured images will show up in the grid / slider"
  • Implement Dynamic Filtering
  • Implement a "Widget Position" "inside" the content stream, for example every two or three items, so people will see the things inside the Widget scrolling the page.

What are the widget view options available with this if I wanted to embed the featured threads on a separate XF page?

I'm guessing carousel? And is the grid / masonry view an option? Any others? Thanks

What are the widget view options available with this if I wanted to embed the featured threads on a separate XF page?

I'm guessing carousel? And is the grid / masonry view an option? Any others? Thanks

There is an option for the full listing as well that is used on the main feature page. However, if you embed this widget you cannot paginate it, that can only be done on the main listing page

Top Bottom