[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
Bought. Installed. Happy.
Well... Almost happy. )

I don't want to be annoying but I really need help, maybe another forum admin could help ...No matter what pixels or size I chose the result are always the same for PC. Here are some screenshots, see if you can pin point the issue. The previous Featured by Brogan used to resize automatically regardless of the platform but not this one. I am extremely annoyed by watching people with the heads chopped on the entrance of my site and it's not precisely a free add-on. As I said no matter the image size, the pixels, I've used I think every online resizer available, nothing works, going nuts here. Could it be my theme/skin? Thanks so much.

3Featured 2.JPG

Featured 2.JPG

Results:

Featured 1.JPG

Intended pic result:

1574861489880.png

www.cotilleando.com

Some questions:

Option to pull feature background image from attachments
As in only image attachments like jpg or png, or is pdf included?

2. Can we set the order of featured threads based on "featured date" or "thread creation date" or "last reply date"?

3. How many blocks of featured threads can be displayed above nodes?

4. Can the slider only display 1 item per page and not more like this below?

1575042463495.webp

5. The coupon for XF1 owners don't work any longer. I thought it had no time limit or at least would last a year.

6. Are you planning to enhance this addon further?

@Jake B. I purchased this addon and i have a suggestion please

When using the "Automatic feature criteria" i would like a new option added for the thread criteria

Last reply to the Thread was [X] days ago

Because right now its showing threads that are 5 years old :(

Last edited:
Makes sense

I have an idea, too. ) The grid widget on my home page shows 3 pictures. They are 1000x536 (suggested minimum). But they actually never can be more than 500px (both on mobile or desktop). So if your add-on would use pix with 500px as bg images for the widget, 3 pix widget would load 4 times faster. Or in other words a widget with 12 such pictures would load as fast as with 3 pictures now do.

I have an idea, too. ) The grid widget on my home page shows 3 pictures. They are 1000x536 (suggested minimum). But they actually never can be more than 500px (both on mobile or desktop). So if your add-on would use pix with 500px as bg images for the widget, 3 pix widget would load 4 times faster. Or in other words a widget with 12 such pictures would load as fast as with 3 pictures now do.

The default size is what it is because the same image is used on the article view when you have the "display first post at top of page" option enabled, if you're not using that feature then I'd definitely recommend adjusting the size the image is cropped to in the options :)

Under [TH] Featured Threads and Content: Threads there are these options:

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 9.19.12 AM.png

It will turn the thread view for featured threads into more of an article experience. You can either have it only on the first page, or all pages like this:

featured-article.jpg

ok. now I remembered. no, definitely I don't want to use "display first post at top of page" .
so I understand correctly, right? if I use 3 pix grid widget at homepage & 5 pix grid widget at the Featured page, I can use 500x563 pix as bg images.
Please confirm.

Hello @Jake B. i ran this cmd like you said

php cmd.php xf-rebuild:thfeature-auto-feature-content

and it results in an error

Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 98538)
Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 100162)
Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 100711)

In FeatureBackground.php line 139:

No source file for slider background set

And it produces a server error log

Code:
Server error log
LogicException: No source file for slider background set src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Service/Feature/FeatureBackground.php:139
Generated by: Unknown account Dec 4, 2019 at 5:28 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Service/Feature/Editor.php(192): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\FeatureBackground->updateFeatureBackground()
#1 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\Editor->_save()
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/Feature.php(563): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\Editor->save()
#3 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/AutoFeature.php(228): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\Feature->featureEntity(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\XF\Entity\Thread), false, true, true)
#4 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/AutoFeature.php(154): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\AutoFeature->runAutoFeatureOnEntity(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\XF\Entity\Thread), true)
#5 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Job/AutoFeatureAll.php(51): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\AutoFeature->runAutoFeatureOnRange('thread', 100711, 500)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): ThemeHouse\Feature\Job\AutoFeatureAll->run(8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(146): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#9 src/XF/Cli/Command/JobRunnerTrait.php(30): XF\Job\Manager->runUnique('xfRebuildJob-th...', 8)
#10 src/XF/Cli/Command/JobRunnerTrait.php(13): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->runJob('xfRebuildJob-th...', Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 src/XF/Cli/Command/Rebuild/AbstractRebuildCommand.php(82): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->setupAndRunJob('xfRebuildJob-th...', '\\ThemeHouse\\Fea...', Array, Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 src/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(982): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#14 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(255): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AutoFeatureExistingContent), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#15 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#16 src/XF/Cli/Runner.php(63): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#17 cmd.php(15): XF\Cli\Runner->run()
#18 {main}
Request state
array(1) {
  ["cli"] => string(49) "cmd.php xf-rebuild:thfeature-auto-feature-content"
}

Hello @Jake B. i ran this cmd like you said

php cmd.php xf-rebuild:thfeature-auto-feature-content

and it results in an error

Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 98538)
Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 100162)
Rebuilding... thfeature_auto_feature_content (Thread 100711)

In FeatureBackground.php line 139:

No source file for slider background set

And it produces a server error log

Code:
Server error log
LogicException: No source file for slider background set src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Service/Feature/FeatureBackground.php:139
Generated by: Unknown account Dec 4, 2019 at 5:28 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Service/Feature/Editor.php(192): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\FeatureBackground->updateFeatureBackground()
#1 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\Editor->_save()
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/Feature.php(563): ThemeHouse\Feature\Service\Feature\Editor->save()
#3 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/AutoFeature.php(228): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\Feature->featureEntity(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\XF\Entity\Thread), false, true, true)
#4 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Repository/AutoFeature.php(154): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\AutoFeature->runAutoFeatureOnEntity(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\XF\Entity\Thread), true)
#5 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Feature/Job/AutoFeatureAll.php(51): ThemeHouse\Feature\Repository\AutoFeature->runAutoFeatureOnRange('thread', 100711, 500)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): ThemeHouse\Feature\Job\AutoFeatureAll->run(8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(146): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#9 src/XF/Cli/Command/JobRunnerTrait.php(30): XF\Job\Manager->runUnique('xfRebuildJob-th...', 8)
#10 src/XF/Cli/Command/JobRunnerTrait.php(13): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->runJob('xfRebuildJob-th...', Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 src/XF/Cli/Command/Rebuild/AbstractRebuildCommand.php(82): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->setupAndRunJob('xfRebuildJob-th...', '\\ThemeHouse\\Fea...', Array, Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 src/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): XF\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AbstractRebuildCommand->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(982): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#14 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(255): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(ThemeHouse\Feature\Cli\Command\Rebuild\AutoFeatureExistingContent), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#15 src/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#16 src/XF/Cli/Runner.php(63): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#17 cmd.php(15): XF\Cli\Runner->run()
#18 {main}
Request state
array(1) {
  ["cli"] => string(49) "cmd.php xf-rebuild:thfeature-auto-feature-content"
}

I've gotten an issue created for it here: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/2053

Can you also take 5 minutes to answer my questions above, if it is not too much to ask? Thanks.

Can you repost it? I don't think I'm seeing it. Alternatively, if you want to create a ticket that is the best way to get any questions answered :)

Can't you see that post from above? Strange.

Ah yeah, must have missed it in the other posts:

As in only image attachments like jpg or png, or is pdf included?

It only images, PDFs cannot be embedded as a background image

2. Can we set the order of featured threads based on "featured date" or "thread creation date" or "last reply date"?

Not currently, no. It only sorts by when it was featured

3. How many blocks of featured threads can be displayed above nodes?

What do you mean?

4. Can the slider only display 1 item per page and not more like this below?

1575042463495.png

The slider only displays a single image at a time, there is a grid option that can display more but it isn't a carousel

5. The coupon for XF1 owners don't work any longer. I thought it had no time limit or at least would last a year.

I believe this coupon was up for 6 months, if you create a ticket and provide proof of purchase for the XF1 Featured Threads add-on we can add a credit to your account, or do a partial refund if you've already purchased it

6. Are you planning to enhance this addon further?

Yes, we've got quite a few new features that will be coming in future updates

Thanks for the answers.

What do you mean?
The grid option. Can I set how many threads are displayed? Seeing this image here, I called them "blocks" not knowing what to call them and I see 4 of them:

Can we display such blocks only above nodes and by setting a number (like 10, 20)?

I believe this coupon was up for 6 months, if you create a ticket and provide proof of purchase for the XF1 Featured Threads add-on we can add a credit to your account, or do a partial refund if you've already purchased it
Even, if this was up for 6 months, since this addon was created June 19, 2019, wouldn't it last until December 19, 2019?

Also Brogan said this:
1575556826052.png

And Mike said this:

1575556853660.png

I haven't purchased the addon yet, I was considering my options for the next year, if the coupon lasts that long. I am using the free alternative right now, but thought maybe about switching. I believe it is best to contact you in private (or in a ticket), when the time comes.

Thanks.

Top Bottom