[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
Thanks so much for this.

I always wanted a professional solution for this.

But the price is a little high for me. Do you offer a promo for long time clients like me?

Some points:
  • The Featured Items page is beautiful. Can i replicate some featured threads on the Forum List, above the nodes?
  • Is yes, there is the possibility to "dismiss" this featured posts for like, one day? I have some users that use my Forum 24h/day and i can predict they are going to ask for this option.
  • How do i set a featured thread? In each thread do i have a nice little button on top do "mark as a featured"?

Thank you very much.

Thanks so much for this.

I always wanted a professional solution for this.

But the price is a little high for me. Do you offer a promo for long time clients like me?

Some points:
  • The Featured Items page is beautiful. Can i replicate some featured threads on the Forum List, above the nodes?
  • Is yes, there is the possibility to "dismiss" this featured posts for like, one day? I have some users that use my Forum 24h/day and i can predict they are going to ask for this option.
  • How do i set a featured thread? In each thread do i have a nice little button on top do "mark as a featured"?

Thank you very much.
Thanks for the feedback. I think we can definitely post a coupon, will do so tomorrow.

Yes, you can put a slider or grid above the forum list. As for dismissing it, that's not something we have but would be a quick feat. Will make an issue for us to do that for the next release.

Last edited:
I have been paying each month for the Xenforo Addons subscription, yet this one is not available to download on the themehouse website? The description of the subscription clearly says all xf2 addons...

I have been paying each month for the Xenforo Addons subscription, yet this one is not available to download on the themehouse website? The description of the subscription clearly says all xf2 addons...

Our XF2 addon plan has retired a while ago and was replaced by our XF2 Essential Suite. New products we released since, are not included (such as Topics, Monetize, and now Featured Threads and Content), most of which can be seen in your screenshot already. I've updated the page to match that.

We are working on getting a large discount only available to subscribers. The problem with putting it in our quarterly subscription is that the subscription is half the cost of one of our large suites, and its for a whole quarter. So we simply cannot afford to do that. We are planning to release a lot of our standard add-ons soon, we were commissioned to build the FT add-on from a client (with permission from @Brogan) and had to take a break to build this out.

There are only 2 XF addons not in there (this one, and Monetize). XPress/XWiki are WP/MediaWiki products and do not fit the normal criteria, much beyond the thousands upon thousands of hours of labor we spent on these products. If you do count them, thats 4, and I'll see if I can get a coupon added for subscribers that does not expire. There are 14+ themes and 12 premium add-ons currently in the subscription, for 26 products which only costs $49.95 with quarterly updates. The savings here is like $400, if I only count 2 themes and not the other 12. So I'm quite happy with it for now, but I do want to release a few more addons and themes to make it even more valuable, on top of the coupon.

Before I ask a bunch of questions.... any demo links? :)
Yeah, you can install a demo here :)

I'll see about getting it installed on one of our demo boards as well so you don't have to create any of the content yourself just to see it working
I just got a fresh demo deployed; looks like this add-on isn't in the build yet.

Love to see, yes!

Before I ask a bunch of questions.... any demo links? :)

Didn't end up getting a demo setup today, will make sure it gets taken care of tomorrow morning!

I just got a fresh demo deployed; looks like this add-on isn't in the build yet.

Try again, looks like I didn't add a license for the user associated with our demo generator so it wasn't able to pull the add-on files :) You may need to use a different email address to generate the demo, or you can PM me the one you used and I'll manually expire your current demo so you can create the new one with the same email

Didn't end up getting a demo setup today, will make sure it gets taken care of tomorrow morning!
Actually, ignore that question/comment, it was a draft that I forgot to clear from the editor before other comment. Whoops.

Try again, looks like I didn't add a license for the user associated with our demo generator so it wasn't able to pull the add-on files :) You may need to use a different email address to generate the demo, or you can PM me the one you used and I'll manually expire your current demo so you can create the new one with the same email
Thanks, I'll check it once I'm back home. :)

Does it upgrade from Brogans Featured Threads data in XF1?
We're migrating from XF1 soon and being able to import and use the existing Featured Threads would save a lot of time.

[Edit: purchased with Brogan's discount coupon and uploaded the files to my sandbox. I can see that it appears as a new install rather than an upgrade to the old addon. Not the end of the world, but not the most convenient solution either.]

[Edit 2: It timed out on first install. Does it alter some big tables? It worked ok when I hit install the second time. I assume it resumed the process.]

Last edited:
How do you have it display the featured thread in the Forum View page?
E.g. (from our live site running XF1)
1.jpg

The featured thread element displays at the top of the list of threads.
This is the only thing we use the XF1 featured threads addon for.

Also how do you disable the slider?
Also we need to give people the option of dismissing the featured thread in the Forum View as seen with the drop down menu here:
2.jpg

The ability to stick the first post and display it as an article is great, BTW.

Last edited:
Does it upgrade from Brogans Featured Threads data in XF1?

There is an importer included for his add-on. It is currently labelled as beta though since the testing was limited to some test content I had created myself so there very well could be some edge cases. I'd definitely recommend testing it first to make sure there aren't any major issues (which I assume you would be doing anyways with such a major upgrade - so it shouldn't make too much of a difference :) )

[Edit: purchased with Brogan's discount coupon and uploaded the files to my sandbox. I can see that it appears as a new install rather than an upgrade to the old addon. Not the end of the world, but not the most convenient solution either.]

Yeah, we've done it as a separate install since the database schemas aren't really a 1:1 thing where we could just rename some and have them match, we've structured the way some of the data is stored quite a bit so using an importer instead would just be more reliable in this regard.

[Edit 2: It timed out on first install. Does it alter some big tables? It worked ok when I hit install the second time. I assume it resumed the process.]

It adds a couple of columns to xf_thread and xf_poll so it shouldn't be touching any table too terribly massive (like xf_post, or xf_reaction_content, for example)

How do you have it display the featured thread in the Forum View page?
E.g. (from our live site running XF1)

There are a couple ways this could be handled, we have two widgets: a grid and a slider. However, neither of these support the node context currently. I've created an issue for that here.

The featured thread element displays at the top of the list of threads.
This is the only thing we use the XF1 featured threads addon for.

Could you elaborate on what you mean?

Also how do you disable the slider?

In Appearance -> Widgets you can remove it :)

Also we need to give people the option of dismissing the featured thread in the Forum View as seen with the drop down menu here:
2.jpg

I think this is reasonable, looks like it's just an oversight on our end. Have created an issue here!

Anybody know if they are still in the midst of being sent out? Nothing in my inbox yet from B or TH.

I believe the email is being sent out by @Brogan, not sure of the current status on it though. Shoot us a ticket though and we should be able to get you setup :)

Top Bottom