[TH] Donate - Multi-campaign manager [Deleted]

ThemeHouse updated [AD] Donate - Multi-campaign manager with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.2 Released

New Features
- Added Statistics integration to display donation amounts.

Bug Fixes
- Reoccuring campaigns calculations recoded, now for more accuracy. It will now ask for timezones for the reset date, and will update the start date when the campaign resets.
- Sidebar does not show if there are no donations.
- Added message to top donors/donations if none have been made, as well as if no campaigns are available.
- If the reoccuring campaign interval is changed, it will update...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So, freshly purchased and installed. Looking great so far. Thank you for the add-on.

I found some "UX Flaws" (rather than bugs), that don't allow me to use the add-on on my board yet...:
  • Permissions: "Can view donate page" set to "no" still shows the "Donations" Navigation Tab (if set in ACP options) and still lets users open the page while then showing the typical error "You don't have access". That is a flaw in user experience. The permission setup should be hiding ALL links (no matter where: Footer, Account Menu, Main Navigation) and not allow to visit the page in general. This is especially important for private boards that do not allow access to the "unregistered" user group.
  • Donation "Overlay": When set to "Open donation form in modal" instead of forwarding to the payment page, the modal misses the header with the campaign name in it. The user can only select the amount of money and then donate without being sure if he clicked on the right campaign before the modal opened.
  • "Top Donations" Sidebar Widget: As long as there are no Top Donations, the sidebar widget should not show up. Empty sidebar widgets are irritating and look like errors.
That's all I found on a frisk glance. ;)

Thanks for the update. Most bugs are gone, here are some still existing / new ones:
  • "Donation" Link location in FOOTER: Still visible when "can view donate page" permission does not allow... (click ---> error)
  • "Donation" Link location in ACCOUNT MENU: Still visible when "can view donate page" permission does not allow... (click ---> error)
  • "Featured" Campaign is still visible on Forum Index when "can view donate page" permission does not allow... (click ---> error)
  • Sidebar Donation Campaign: Should not be visible when the user can not see the donation page.... Make this a separate permission if you think it should be independent, but when the user clicks and gets an error – it does not make much sense...
eMails are now CORRECT. Tables were fixed. Thanks. There is a new bug however, the amount of the donation is not correctly displayed:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-07 um 10.47.38.webp
The entry seems to be DOUBLED, as the actual amount donated was 10.- Euros.

Please fix the above issues asap, I still can not use the add-on for my board.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Most bugs are gone, here are some still existing / new ones:
  • "Donation" Link location in FOOTER: Still visible when "can view donate page" permission does not allow... (click ---> error)
  • "Donation" Link location in ACCOUNT MENU: Still visible when "can view donate page" permission does not allow... (click ---> error)
  • "Featured" Campaign is still visible on Forum Index when "can view donate page" permission does not allow... (click ---> error)
  • Sidebar Donation Campaign: Should not be visible when the user can not see the donation page.... Make this a separate permission if you think it should be independent, but when the user clicks and gets an error – it does not make much sense...
eMails are now CORRECT. Tables were fixed. Thanks. There is a new bug however, the amount of the donation is not correctly displayed:
View attachment 137256

Besides those things is there anything else you have seen that needs to be fixed?

Besides those things is there anything else you have seen that needs to be fixed?

I reported all bugs to the best of my knowledge and belief... but I can not guarantee that I do not have missed something... :D Right now, I have nothing else.

Is this a bug? The donation amounts aren't registering in the progress bar. They *were* registered there but are no longer, and the funds were received.

donationmanagerbug.webp

View attachment 137256

Okay installed the latest version. But it is still not working properly...

The good news is: Now, when all permissions are set to NO, all navigation links and the sidebar widget are hidden. That's great. The bad news: Only if the "CAN DONATE" permission is set to YES, the navigation links and the sidebar widget appear...

Here is my analysis and please change the behavior to the "should be" behavior below (Situation 1 & 2).

Situation 1:
  • Can view donation page ---> NO
  • Can donate ---> YES
Results in
  • Links/Widget VISIBLE but no access (Error)
Should be:
  • Links / Widget / Page NOT VISIBLE

Situation 2:
  • Can view donation page ---> YES
  • Can donate ---> NO
Results in
  • Links/Widget / Page NOT VISIBLE
Should be:
  • Links / Widget / Page VISIBLE – Clicking on "Donate" = Permission Error Modal

Situation 3:

• Can donate ---> YES
Results in
  • Links/Widget VISIBLE – Donation active
Should be:
  • Correct Behavior

Situation 4:

• Can donate ---> NO
Results in
  • Links/Widget NOT VISIBLE
Should be:
  • Correct Behavior

Last edited:
Okay installed the latest version. But it is still not working properly...

The good news is: Now, when all permissions are set to NO, all navigation links and the sidebar widget are hidden. That's great. The bad news: Only if the "CAN DONATE" permission is set to YES, the navigation links and the sidebar widget appear...

Here is my analysis and please change the behavior to the "should be" behavior below (Situation 1 & 2).

Situation 1:
  • Can donate ---> YES
Results in
  • Links/Widget VISIBLE but no access (Error)
Should be:
  • Links / Widget / Page NOT VISIBLE

Situation 2:
  • Can donate ---> NO
Results in
  • Links/Widget / Page NOT VISIBLE
Should be:
  • Links / Widget / Page VISIBLE – Clicking on "Donate" = Permission Error Modal

Situation 3:

• Can donate ---> YES
Results in
  • Links/Widget VISIBLE – Donation active
Should be:
  • Correct Behavior

Situation 4:

• Can donate ---> NO
Results in
  • Links/Widget NOT VISIBLE
Should be:
  • Correct Behavior
The view donation permission is a requirement for the can donate permission.

The view donation permission is a requirement for the can donate permission.
You haven't read my analysis closely. The behavior is still not logical. Right now you need "Can donate" to even view the Links/Widget/Page. With "Can View" YES and "Can Donate" NO the Links/Widget/Page are not visible. That makes no sense. Then you could just reduce permissions to "On/Off".

You haven't read my analysis closely. The behavior is still not logical. Right now you need "Can donate" to even view the Links/Widget/Page. With "Can View" YES and "Can Donate" NO the Links/Widget/Page are not visible. That makes no sense. Then you could just reduce permissions to "On/Off".
Ah I'm sorry! Yeah we'll fix that :)

I'm not sure what happened, but my recurring monthly campaign is all screwed up. It no longer reactivates every month at the date I selected. I had to change the dates manually to get it to show up and now it shows the campaign time as "2 months" instead of "30 days".

I've noticed that "2 months" issue on mine as well, I believe if it's more than 1 "month" it rounds up to 2. (In my case I manually set new campaign for 1 extra day to adjust for the bug on months being 30 days.)

Top Bottom