[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

Waindigo,

For some reason on both, this add-on and the Thread Thumbnail one.. they are not holding my selection on the nodes. For example, after I created the field, I went to the node, selected the required fields, entered my header template html. Saved it, and when I go back to it.. it's no longer there.

Any ideas? I thinking maybe a add-on conflict, but from what I see this is only happening with your mods :/

Also, may I suggest/ask for something? Can you make so we are able to place the fields on the chosen node to appear between the thread title and the editor, so the person creating the tread sees it right away?

Thanks!

Waindigo,

For some reason on both, this add-on and the Thread Thumbnail one.. they are not holding my selection on the nodes. For example, after I created the field, I went to the node, selected the required fields, entered my header template html. Saved it, and when I go back to it.. it's no longer there.

Any ideas? I thinking maybe a add-on conflict, but from what I see this is only happening with your mods :/

Also, may I suggest/ask for something? Can you make so we are able to place the fields on the chosen node to appear between the thread title and the editor, so the person creating the tread sees it right away?

Thanks!
I'll test it out. As for the suggestion, I don't do suggestions... I only do paid work (except bugs, which are free). Sorry! If you're interested in contributing, please send me a message.

Can the templates use the user custom fields as well? I am using this to create a classified forum and that could make some redundant settings like payment preference simpler if possible. Love the add on think it will make a nice classified section along with the thread thumbnails add on.

Can the templates use the user custom fields as well? I am using this to create a classified forum and that could make some redundant settings like payment preference simpler if possible. Love the add on think it will make a nice classified section along with the thread thumbnails add on.
Which template?

I'll test it out. As for the suggestion, I don't do suggestions... I only do paid work (except bugs, which are free). Sorry! If you're interested in contributing, please send me a message.

Not a problem Waindigo, I have found which add-on it's conflicting with and that wasn't allow me to save as I was deactivating all the add-ons that added something to the nodes setting.

Merc's Enforce Post Rules: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/enforce-post-rules.390/

Thanks!

Which template?
Sorry didn't think about specifying. In the Header and Footer template that appears with the first post of the thread. For example with a classified I would rather set a user preference for payment methods for paypal, cash, money order etc. than have the user choose it when the create each thread. So that is why I was wondering if the user custom fields could be displayed with the template.

You have to create a php function where you manipulate you custom fields content. You can call a XenForo BBCode formatter there.
And instead of using template syntax to insert your custom fields content on your thread pages, you give your php function name.

Waindigo uploaded an addon : http://xenforo.com/community/resources/star-rating-custom-field-by-waindigo.893/ "as an example of what can be achieved using the Custom Fields by Waindigo add-on." Check it out for php callback example.
Thanks for your help, I'm still a bit lost though. I've fired up the star rating custom field just to see how it works - however I can't seem to get it to display in my footer template (just as a test), adding:

Code:
{$customFields.waindigo_star_rating}

...does not seem to work?

As for your recommendation to call a BBCode formatter - that sounds brilliant, but how? :)

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure how that works :confused:
You have to create a php function where you manipulate you custom fields content. You can call a XenForo BBCode formatter there.
And instead of using template syntax to insert your custom fields content on your thread pages, you give your php function name.

Waindigo uploaded an addon : http://xenforo.com/community/resources/star-rating-custom-field-by-waindigo.893/ "as an example of what can be achieved using the Custom Fields by Waindigo add-on." Check it out for php callback example.
Would be happy to create the BBCode custom field for you to import if someone is willing to contribute to this. I would really like to build some more examples of using the PHP callbacks to show off how powerful this is.

I am in debug mode and there's no issue in actual function so far, but this error shows up.

It's when i got a social group and create a new thread.

Code:
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/reddeadu/public_html/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplateHook.php, line 67:
66: $__compilerVar2 .= '
67:
68:    ';

I am in debug mode and there's no issue in actual function so far, but this error shows up.

It's when i got a social group and create a new thread.

Code:
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/reddeadu/public_html/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplateHook.php, line 67:
66: $__compilerVar2 .= '
67:
68:    ';
Thanks. I have fixed this and will release an update in the next few days.

Hi Waindigo,

I can't find the option to attach a field definition to an add-on anymore. Actually, the "Advanced" tab is empty when I try to edit a field. This is odd, I can't remember exactly following wich update this occured. Is this a bug you are able to reproduce?

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom