[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

I will add this to the next update. Not sure if it is possible to have options on uninstall though. Have you seen this on any other add-on?
Never heard of this, but could the uninstall callback function trigger an action? Else, you can use a standard option to set after installation, then check for it at uninstall time.

Question: what happens to field data (thread data) whenever I change a field id property? Or a choice id for selectable data fields? Does the associated data get updated or do I need to manually update in the database?

There 2 doctype tags & 2 html tags in "Create New Field" form in Admin Page.

This is the second one:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
<html><body><form action="admin.php?thread-fields/save" class="xenForm formOverlay AutoValidator" data-redirect="on" method="post">

Happy to add this if someone is willing to contribute. Please send me a PM.
Hi mate, after installing this mod, your "Add User Avatar to Last Post by Waindigo" addon has stopped working. As part of the installation process I did overwrite some files, as your instructions directed.

Any ideas?

Hi mate, after installing this mod, your "Add User Avatar to Last Post by Waindigo" addon has stopped working. As part of the installation process I did overwrite some files, as your instructions directed.

Any ideas?
There is an update to this add-on also.

just trying to install now.
its installed already, how to display in the first post?
above or below, how?

thanks

just trying to install now.
its installed already, how to display in the first post?
above or below, how?

thanks
In the ACP, when you are editing the forum, under the 'Custom Threads Field' tab there is an option to add a header or footer to your first thread post. To display a custom field, use {$customFields.FIELD_ID}, replacing FIELD_ID with the required Field ID. You can use HTML/CSS to format the output.

thanks Jonathan :)

Im not sure if its a bug or not..

you display this in footer :
{$customFields.FIRSTNAME} {$customFields.LASTNAME}

it shows correctly,
Now you delete the LASTNAME field in ACP

now in your footer, still the same

if you refresh the post, it still shows the value of {$customFields.LASTNAME} even if
you deleted already the fieldname.

you need to manualy edit thread then save changes before
the {$customFields.LASTNAME} area will be blank.

is that a bug or not ?

thanks Jonathan :)

Im not sure if its a bug or not..

you display this in footer :

it shows correctly,
Now you delete the LASTNAME field in ACP

now in your footer, still the same

if you refresh the thread post, it still shows the value of {$customFields.LASTNAME}
you need to manualy edit thread then save changes before
the {$customFields.LASTNAME} area will be blank.

is that a bug or not ?
Good question. I suppose it is a bug, but then it is quite a useful one, because you might just be deleting it to replace with a different field with the same field id. If you don't want it to appear on the thread, you remove it from the header/footer template, surely?

I am having trouble getting the fields to display...

You need to edit the forum node in the ACP, go to the 'Templates' tab and write some code to display your field results.
So, let's say I have a custom thread field with id FieldID.

To display in the first post of the thread, what template do I edit? Thread_view?
What exactly do I enter? {$customFields.FieldID}
Where in the template should the bit go?

To display in the first post of the thread, what template do I edit? Thread_view?
No need to edit templates. Just go to the 'custom thread fields' tab when editing a forum or library node.

In the ACP, when you are editing the forum, under the 'Custom Threads Field' tab there is an option to add a header or footer to your first thread post. To display a custom field, use {$customFields.FIELD_ID}, replacing FIELD_ID with the required Field ID. You can use HTML/CSS to format the output.

Does it show this in the actual post above or below what they've actually posted? I've tried but I can't seem to get it to ouput anything in the post and they're just simple check boxes - I'm a nub!!!

Just a quick question - When creating a new thread, the list of Custom Fields show in alphabetical order, even though I have my priorities set otherwise?

Does it show this in the actual post above or below what they've actually posted? I've tried but I can't seem to get it to ouput anything in the post and they're just simple check boxes - I'm a nub!!!
For multiple checkboxes, you need to add the name that you gave to the checkbox that you want to know the result for. The output will be the value of that checkbox if it is checked.

Just a quick question - When creating a new thread, the list of Custom Fields show in alphabetical order, even though I have my priorities set otherwise?
This is a bug.

you need to go to ADMINISTRATION CONTROL PANEL
then
then DISPLAY NODE TREE
then click the NODE you want it to appear
then theres a CUSTOMS FIELDS TAB there where you will input {$customFields.FieldID}

Top Bottom