[TH] Credits: Shop [Deleted]

@Jake B. I see that it's possible to create products which expire, which is excellent.
What happens when that product is about to expire? Someone in a sales environment will tell you that it's imperative that we keep customers and take every opportunity to have people renew their purchases.
What I think is need is both
  • an auto renew option with accompanying instructions on how to cancel the auto renew plus an alert to let the member know the purchase has auto renewed and
  • if no auto renew option has been applied, the member needs to be sent an alert a certain amount of time before their product expires to give them the opportunity to renew. (I assume the are sent an alert to tell them their purchase has expired)

I think both these items are essential to maximise sales.
Thanks

Nicely done with this guys!

Few issues I've noticed with the shop and features I'd like to see.

Issues:
- The order display doesn't update correctly when changed. If I set the order for an item to be 4, but then change it later, it doesn't update.
- Inventory view on the player is clipping out (see picture below)
- Small products icons (that show the product image) on the user card are not updated when I change the product image.
- On a clean install when I try to upload an image for a product I get the error: Product image directory is not writable.

Features:
- Allow more than one permission to be granted per item.
- Product purchased page. When you purchase a product right now it's a bit vague. You get the "Changes saved" up top, but it's not very clear.
- More actions like ******* store

Updated.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 19
  • notupdate.webp
    notupdate.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
All bugs I previously reported appear to be fixed in this latest release.

Nice work!

I have a few suggestions to include as as shop items in a future release:

• Form Item (perhaps integrated with Snog's Advanced Application Forms, or it's own thing) This would present the user with a form that can be either PM'd, posted as a topic, or emailed to certain addresses. This would allow many possibility, including the purchase of physical items. This is the most modular solution for allowing the purchase of physical items, and quite a bit of things already suggested.
  • Scratch Card Item (self explanatory, presents the user with a scratchcard, with a select-able prize item (or points) if the user wins.

Great suggestion and its defo something I'd like to see if there is no intention to add physical product support directly. I'd suggest doing a Poll @Jake B. - I think sales will go through the roof if this add-on supported physical products. Its the one major feature that xF is still lacking compared to its competitors.

7R2ByhV.png

Able to sell gift cards and such in the shop?

What about our own custom products. We able to sell anything?

Has anyone been able to use the "link in signature" product? This is what I did:
  • Revoke the links in signature permission
  • Create the product in the shop addon
  • Buy the links in signature product
Before buying the product with credits, the signature interface didn't have icons for inserting links. After buying the product, the icons reappeared in the toolbar. I was able to insert a link to my signature and it worked when previewed. However, when I tried to save the signature, it didn't include any links. I mean, the signature was saved, but without links.

Which directory would it be ?
data/product/

Btw. is it possible to create a product ot a credit package that's directly payable by paypal ?
The situation: I have an Adult Zone and to grant users the first time access i need to verify the age of course.
So i want to make the first access payable by CC or Paypal to verify the user is 18+.
Further acess can be paid by earned credits. I love that idea and would be happy if i could set it up with AD credit/shop.

This is not possible, as this shop is meant to work with Credits specifically.

@Jake B. I see that it's possible to create products which expire, which is excellent.
What happens when that product is about to expire? Someone in a sales environment will tell you that it's imperative that we keep customers and take every opportunity to have people renew their purchases.
What I think is need is both
  • an auto renew option with accompanying instructions on how to cancel the auto renew plus an alert to let the member know the purchase has auto renewed and
  • if no auto renew option has been applied, the member needs to be sent an alert a certain amount of time before their product expires to give them the opportunity to renew. (I assume the are sent an alert to tell them their purchase has expired)

I think both these items are essential to maximise sales.
Thanks

We can look into doing something like this in a future version :)

Nicely done with this guys!

Few issues I've noticed with the shop and features I'd like to see.

Issues:
- The order display doesn't update correctly when changed. If I set the order for an item to be 4, but then change it later, it doesn't update.
- Inventory view on the player is clipping out (see picture below)
- Small products icons (that show the product image) on the user card are not updated when I change the product image.
- On a clean install when I try to upload an image for a product I get the error: Product image directory is not writable.

Features:
- Allow more than one permission to be granted per item.
- Product purchased page. When you purchase a product right now it's a bit vague. You get the "Changes saved" up top, but it's not very clear.
- More actions like ******* store

Updated.

I've added these to our list :)

Great suggestion and its defo something I'd like to see if there is no intention to add physical product support directly. I'd suggest doing a Poll @Jake B. - I think sales will go through the roof if this add-on supported physical products. Its the one major feature that xF is still lacking compared to its competitors.

This is something we likely wouldn't build unless someone (or a group of people) were to fund it.

7R2ByhV.png

Able to sell gift cards and such in the shop?

What about our own custom products. We able to sell anything?

Yes, you can sell gift cards in the shop. You can sell whatever you want in the shop by using the 'email' product type that will send you an email anytime someone purchases it. However, this isn't really optimal.

Has anyone been able to use the "link in signature" product? This is what I did:
  • Revoke the links in signature permission
  • Create the product in the shop addon
  • Buy the links in signature product
Before buying the product with credits, the signature interface didn't have icons for inserting links. After buying the product, the icons reappeared in the toolbar. I was able to insert a link to my signature and it worked when previewed. However, when I tried to save the signature, it didn't include any links. I mean, the signature was saved, but without links.

I just tested and it seems to have worked fine for me.

Sorry everyone for the delay in response. I typed out the replies, but apparently didn't post them.

Regards,

Jake

Has anyone made any custom products with this yet? I would like to see before I purchase.

@Jake B. Would it be possible if i created a custom product that allowed users to modify another users title? If not then I might have to use XENREST API to create my own shop and tie off a simple credit system.

I guess question is can you add changes to people other than your self? If not how hard would it be to add to your shop?

Also instead of Email could you Also add option for PM?

Last edited:
This Add-on has been moved to the Audentio Design shop, and all licenses have been associated with their respective user accounts.

Regards,

Jake

@Jake B. Would it be possible if i created a custom product that allowed users to modify another users title? If not then I might have to use XENREST API to create my own shop and tie off a simple credit system.

You can create a custom product to do just about anything you could possibly want to assuming you are somewhat knowledgable in PHP.

I guess question is can you add changes to people other than your self? If not how hard would it be to add to your shop?

Also instead of Email could you Also add option for PM?

Neither of these things are something we would be likely to build without someone funding the features

Regards,

Jake

So I'd like to create a 'favorite Player' item. Person purchases their player and it ads a picture of the player under their profile. Is there a way to make 'Inventory' say 'Favorite Player' or have the picture come up under a custom field 'Favorite Player'

Also, wanted to test an item so I purchased it. However even though I deleted the item it still shows under 'Inventory' is there a way to delete items from inventory?

Neither of these things are something we would be likely to build without someone funding the features

Regards,

Jake

Strange that a commercial product ask for funding to add extra stuff.
adding more stuff is only making your product better and to try have more sells or become the best/greatest/biggest against the competition.

Can your system be used for buying physical goods ?

It was only meant for minor items. If you want physical goods, I think there still lacks a good add-on for that. I mean you could sell physical items, but shipping/items/carts/things you'd need to run an efficient store are not built. This is specifically for digital small/forum-related items.

Strange that a commercial product ask for funding to add extra stuff.
adding more stuff is only making your product better and to try have more sells or become the best/greatest/biggest against the competition.

Strange? We only have so much time in the day. We cannot build everything people want, so if its something you need we ask to be paid so as to prioritize it over everything else we do.

Strange? We only have so much time in the day. We cannot build everything people want, so if its something you need we ask to be paid so as to prioritize it over everything else we do.

I understand that you cant add everything everyone is asking, that would be impossible, i did only found Jake his answer strange, but now i understand that a funding can be asked to 'prioritize' the request that was made :)

Top Bottom