Test xenForo with mybb Import

soeren

Hey There

i want to test xenForo with mybb Migration. I can request the 7 day demo account, but the mybb importer is not in the admin panel. I have to download it, but i have no account to get to the download... what can i do?

Solution
This is not native MyBB functionality so, not exactly.

The users will be migrated, they will exist, their content will exist and be attributed to them. But the association with their social media account will not exist.

These users will need to use their password to log in. If they do not have a password, the lost password process will reset their password and will allow them to log in.
Due to the "age" of the MyBB script.. for most major functions the import works fine. To utilize specialized add-ons on the import is not supported.
As I said, for the BASE import of what myBB supports, the native import does also. Do you want to import specialized add-ons that myBB uses.. then bespoke code may be required.

There isn't really much to test. It's a well tested importer at this point and it will bring across your community including users, passwords, forums, threads, posts etc.

If that proved to not be correct or issues were somehow insurmountable, we would be able to discuss a refund at that point.

Do you have any particular concerns about the process?

yea...not so great.

but i want to test first and then buy ;) we (software company) use a customer forum for our product which is based on mybb. Only if a migration is possible, we would like to buy a new forum software.
As I said.. if you have specific add-ons, then that import may not be complete utilizing those third party add-ons... but for the BASE script (which has been around for a few years) then there is no issue.
Any issue you may run into is with additional add-ons that are NOT supported natively.
And no, I'm not a company shill.

The users will be migrated, they will exist, their content will exist and be attributed to them. But the association with their social media account will not exist.

These users will need to use their password to log in. If they do not have a password, the lost password process will reset their password and will allow them to log in.

Solution

thanks for the very fast respond!

Now we´ve made a xenforo cloud subscription and i wanted to try the importer:

1679480585877.webp

So i click on this Link, but there is nothing to download in my customer area... what am i doing wrong?

ok i did... and they respond: that i have to pay 240 bucks ....rofl, what a shame
Errrr... exactly WHY did they say you had to pay $240 additional dollars. If it is a supported import then the simple importers provided should suffice. We stand-alone scripts don't have to pay additional.
Those built-in importers should be available to you as well as stand-alone script holders.. if they aren't, then please elucidate on the reason(s) given to you.
Now, if you aren't competent enough to do the import yourself, then I can see an additional fee being required if you are dependent upon others to import for you (albeit $240 is rather high for a simple MyBB migration of default items).

Errrr... exactly WHY did they say you had to pay $240 additional dollars. If it is a supported import then the simple importers provided should suffice. We stand-alone scripts down' have to pay additional.
Those built-in importers should be available to you as well as stand-alone script holders.. if they aren't, then please elucidate on the reason(s) given to you.
Now, if you aren't competent enough to do the import yourself, then I can see an additional fee being required.
1679483240520.webp

OK....not unsurprising.. YOU can install that importer YOURSELF. If you are wanting others to do it for you, there is normally a cost involved.
There IS a myBB importer that YOU should be able to install and process.
Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 6.11.49 AM.png
You simply need to go to your XF account and install it... it may be slightly different on the cloud... as the option I would get would to be actually download it and then install it.
If you are expecting them to migrate your site for you for free.. that's rather unrealistic.

Then that is an error in their cloud setup and needs to be brought to their attention. Migration tools should be fully available for ALL new cloud customers.
Of course, where I am going to is the License and then the Downloads available to me.
Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 6.15.46 AM.webp

Since I'm not on the cloud, the interface may be different.

Top Bottom