Test XenForo Enhanced Search

UMILE

I would be interested to test "XenForo Enhanced Search." I want to buy but it XenForo first test I can not know whether it is suitable to my needs. Unfortunately, the search engine "cms php" is not performing. I use snitz forum and the search engine is excellent to xenForo but not great. I have enabled a demo xenForo, visible at the link below
http://fa7affb232b479b1.demo-xenforo.com/140/index.php
if you want to look for pieces of code I did not find it. If I add "*" often can not find it anyway. Would it be possible to try XenForo Enhanced Search?

Last edited:
does not work well on the search engine. If you want to find only a portion of a symbol is not found. if I put "*" then it is. Try to search xxxxx
The search engine will not find it. how so? I need to find even portions of acronyms. I'm a technician and acronyms are essential.

In the above post I put the initials of parts of a TVC led. If you want to search portions of those specifications, the search system does not find them

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/enhanced-search.85877/

Last edited:
does not work well on the search engine. If you want to find only a portion of a symbol is not found. if I put "*" then it is. Try to search UE32F.
The search engine will not find it. how so? I need to find even portions of acronyms. I'm a technician and acronyms are essential.
Doing a search on UE32F worked fine for me.
Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 3.07.33 PM.webp Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 3.07.50 PM.webp

Not work. There is two post that contain UE32F. You see only one.
I have to wonder if the test messages area is excluded from the ES. I know (as I related) that it works in the main forum area (which these posts are in).
I don't use ES (none of my sites are large enough are can justify the additional cost due to low user count) so I don't know what options are available on it.

Let me explain better
prova.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbwr4xb0014n6yy/prova.jpg?dl=0

System do not searc this post
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/enhanced-search.85877/

No need to explain better... I know what you are referring to - same as taking a segment out of a parts list to find the part(s).
What I am saying is that the Test message area may not be included in the search index. It's apparent that the search based upon that text string does work as it pulled up the message as I showed and then the 2 messages containing it by @FredC. Neither of those were in the test message area.
So, I think you can safely say that based upon those two search returns that the example you gave does work.

No need to explain better... I know what you are referring to - same as taking a segment out of a parts list to find the part(s).
Very Well

try to find another piece of code that I inserted for example. you will not find the post. Just by referring to the photos I insert in this post.

Last edited:
I can kind of see what he is referring to. If you do a simple search on UE32F then it will turn the two posts up in this thread. If you do a search on UE32F* then it will turn the same two up and the one in the test message area. Seems a little inconsistent to me - other than the fact that it is searching for the exact text with UE32F and as an inclusion for the UE32F*. I would have "assumed" that UE32F would have also searched for anything that had that string in it instead of searching for an exact match.
That's one of the problems I have with the XenForo search. The parameters to use for multiple term search, partial search, etc. are not detailed and most people will not be familiar with it.

ok ok
:(:(:(:( So you can not 'fix this?
I can not migrate to more advanced cms of my forum if I have this problem with php
I just want to show you the search engine "snitz forum adamantine." It 's very powerful but the language in asp not be supported by browsers in the future. It 'an obsolete language
1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

Searching is mostly whole word based. You'll likely find that most search engines work this way (Google generally does, though they have various heuristics involved).

It's not something that would be done officially, no. Performance would generally be horrendous, even with fairly small data sets.

Top Bottom