XF 1.5 Test Rights Work but Actual Rights Don't

Steve Freides

I haven't run into this before.

I added a user to my group Super Moderators to give him rights to section of the form not many people see. I tested his rights and I see that forum section just fine, but he tells me he still can't see it.

Must I also check off something else? I see a "make this user a moderator" option, also a group called Moderating.

I also suggested he logout and login again or try refreshing the page view, but he's working with a specific URL I gave him in email, and that's what's getting denied.

Thanks in advance.

If you are using the Test Permissions feature in the ACP - don't, it doesn't always work as expected. Use Analyze Permissions in the ACP on the use to check their view permissions for that forum.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I just did this, and for this user and this node, it says Yes for literally everything.

I have given him a direct URL to a thread - is that perhaps the issue? Will asking him to navigate to that thread make any difference?

-S-

We found the problem. The user had two entries, each his first plus his last name, but one with and one without a blank space. It turns out I was editing the one profile while he was using the other.

<sigh>.

@Martok, thank you again for taking the time to respond.

-S-

Top Bottom