Fixed Template merge UI issues

Mr Lucky

After resolving using custom view I still couldn't merge, the line <xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="metadata" disappeared totally

Same trying to remove with parent view. It won't merge. I always thought if there is a yellow resolve prompt and you choose one or the other, then it should be possible to merge via the button at the bottom. But that isn't working.

To be clear, what happens when you click either? It just removes the content?

What happens if you click "Resolve using both"?

Yeah I think there's an issue here with the JavaScript that controls this interface. It has had a few tweaks over the last few versions.

Can you confirm if this was Beta 2 or is it happening with Beta 3?

Ok thanks for confirming.

For now, much like the other thread, all you need to do is edit the template manually. I think all you need to do is remove the line break at the top if there's one there.

Ultimately, all you need to do is make a single change in the template, save it, and it will no longer be outdated.

Fwiw: I had an outdated extra.less template. When viewing the template it was completely empty. Just saved the template and the warning was gone.

For now, much like the other thread, all you need to do is edit the template manually. I think all you need to do is remove the line break at the top if there's one there.
Gotcha But for the final live update I might just revert and redo the edits anyway. If I can't remember or work out what they are for they are probably redundant anyway.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.3.0 Beta 4).

Change log:
Apply various fixes to outdated template merge UI.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom