Duplicate Template Diff indicator

CTXMedia

To help with upgrades if you've customised your XF templates - a DIFF feature to show the differences between your current templates and the new ones.

If it hasn't already been suggested?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would prefer an automatic template merger(also already suggested^^) and not only a diff feature...
With only diff you'll still need to edit all your customized templates

The problem with using an external editor is we don't have access to the previous master template to actually compare what the changes were between the previous master and current master (it would be required for automatic template merging to know what the difference between the two masters were before you compare the diff between the customized one).

Personally, I'd prefer an automatic diff/template merge system as well.

Plus a generalized diff class would be useful for other things (like comparing post edit history if we ever get post edit history). :)

The problem with using an external editor is we don't have access to the previous master template to actually compare what the changes were between the previous master and current master (it would be required for automatic template merging to know what the difference between the two masters were before you compare the diff between the customized one).

Personally, I'd prefer an automatic diff/template merge system as well.

Plus a generalized diff class would be useful for other things (like comparing post edit history if we ever get post edit history). :)
probably ysou have some time to finish code.google.com/p/template-compare/ :D

i stopped working on this, because we had much more important things do finish :( ...

Top Bottom