Teamspeak Integration

Teamspeak Integration 1.3.8 Alpha

No permission to download
It's fine take your time :)
I'm getting some progress on the multiple identities. Basically here is how it's gunna work:
To save queries, I will serialize to the table, and just unserialize back!

Although I'm wondering if it would be better to set max identities per usergroup or a global permission in options. Which do you think would be better?

Per usergroup.

Maybe we want to allow admins to have 100 identifies but regular members 3.

Per usergroup.

Maybe we want to allow admins to have 100 identifies but regular members 3.
kk I finished the database writing just gotta finish teamspeak syncing :) Hopefully I can push out tonight!
EDIT
Ugh snag hit, ran outta time :p I'm almost ready to push it out, just gotta cleanup the code and fix one thing. Sorry about the delay!

Last edited:
kk I finished the database writing just gotta finish teamspeak syncing :) Hopefully I can push out tonight!
EDIT
Ugh snag hit, ran outta time :p I'm almost ready to push it out, just gotta cleanup the code and fix one thing. Sorry about the delay!

Its cool!

Got everything else working.

It would be nice if say . .

In this situation

Making an account on our site just gives you a redstar(Redstars on our server mean that you can access some channels, this is just for people who want to use our TS and not anything to do with our Site). After you make a post, our board adds you to a second group which gives you a gold star on TS that lets you access all channels.

We want to make it so that once you get your gold star, the red one is removed instead of having both. Any ideas?

Ah. I noticed that even if you change the user's group on xF, it does not update again on TS unless they remove their key and readd it.

Can you add some sort of cron or something that checks every so often that things match?

For example, on a test account that I made admin on xF, but after I revolked it, the admin powers on TS did not go away.

Its cool!

Got everything else working.

It would be nice if say . .

In this situation

Making an account on our site just gives you a redstar(Redstars on our server mean that you can access some channels, this is just for people who want to use our TS and not anything to do with our Site). After you make a post, our board adds you to a second group which gives you a gold star on TS that lets you access all channels.

We want to make it so that once you get your gold star, the red one is removed instead of having both. Any ideas?
Oh I set it so it removes all previous server groups before assigning the new one. And yeah I'll work on a cronjob. I've hit a snag so it may take me a bit to push out a new update :(

Any news?
Oh yes, I managed to finish the logic over the weekend (initial settings aren't working but existing entries work great) as well as allowing for deleting existing identities. I'm now going to write the cron entry, fix up to make the code more optimized, and write an upgrade script since it's storing the auth_id entirely different as well as a new table.

Oh yes, I managed to finish the logic over the weekend (initial settings aren't working but existing entries work great) as well as allowing for deleting existing identities. I'm now going to write the cron entry, fix up to make the code more optimized, and write an upgrade script since it's storing the auth_id entirely different as well as a new table.

So excited for this!

Once everything is done, will most likely donate!

Uh one more
I dont see anything about setting up the addon and about how to connect it with to your server. I put as much information, but nothing...
Sorry, it's in alpha so stuff like that isn't done yet. Go to options and search for 'Teamspeak' and enter your serveradmin details there (or an admin query user)
Then just click 'Teamspeak' at the top of the AdminCP and click 'Server Groups'.
Finally get the ID of the server group you want to assign to a usergroup on your forum and go edit said usergroup's permissions and add it to the field labelled 'Group ID'.

silence updated Teamspeak Integration with a new update entry:

Identity Update

- Multiple identity support!
- Define identity count per usergroup. Per-username may come in the future if requested.
- Allow users with access to teamspeak account to see server viewer (no permissions to disable this yet, will add if requested)
- Changed database scheme around. Stores user's identities in a json array for easy grabbing (might be nice if any js features added in the future) and added 'xf_teamspeak_log' for searching through all identities in use.
- If duplicate identity is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When I click on the add identity button I get blank page with a 2 in the corner. Any ideas?
Woah whaaaa? Give me a few minutes to test this!
Hmm what version of XF are you using since I'm using the same code from the add response to poll template. It's awfully strange this is happening!

Woah whaaaa? Give me a few minutes to test this!

The next problem I have is that it does not work with secendary groups.

Remember xF, has no way to automate the change of the primary group via user group promotion, only secondary.

The idea is that

User has a regular primary group when they register, which gives them half access on our TS.

Once they get an X amount of posts, a secondary group is given to them automatically by TS and the addon should override the group the user had due to the primary with their secondary.

I suppose the best way to do it is to make it so that its the latest one that takes effect.

The next problem I have is that it does not work with secendary groups.

Remember xF, has no way to automate the change of the primary group via user group promotion, only secondary.

The idea is that

User has a regular primary group when they register, which gives them half access on our TS.

Once they get an X amount of posts, a secondary group is given to them automatically by TS and the addon should override the group the user had due to the primary with their secondary.

I suppose the best way to do it is to make it so that its the latest one that takes effect.
Hmm I see but where would it be best to take priority? What if that person has 10 different secondary groups set?

Hmm I see but where would it be best to take priority? What if that person has 10 different secondary groups set?

Thats the problem . . . though this addon's true potential is in the fact if you can get it working with xF's automated promotion system(it is a real shame that the promotion system doesnt effect primary groups).

Well the way I can see it is this:

Secondary groups don't take primary over each other, so I have three secondary, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and I give them all to a user, then that user will have them all on TS.

What you can however do is. . add an option to silence the primary usergroup and then I can handle everything via secondary, and those that don't have a need for a system as dynamic as ours can still use Primary and make combinations. Maybe users can use both primary and secondary if they don't want to mute the primary user group.

Edit: Let me know what you think.

Edit 2: instead of making an option to ignore primary usergroup, just don't attach an id to that group and all you would have to do is create the ability for it to use secondary groups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom