Add-on TeamSpeak 3 Integration [Paid or Crowd-funded]

hmm Damn. TeamSpeak creates Tokens Correct? The problem I have with using the Names of people, is they change their TeamSpeak name often... If I'm playing Skyforge I put my name to Daniel Daphonic as that's my in game character.. and keep it Daphonic for most other games. Just so people can find me in TS easier.. So thats why names is kinda iffy for me.

hmm Damn. TeamSpeak creates Tokens Correct? The problem I have with using the Names of people, is they change their TeamSpeak name often... If I'm playing Skyforge I put my name to Daniel Daphonic as that's my in game character.. and keep it Daphonic for most other games. Just so people can find me in TS easier.. So thats why names is kinda iffy for me.
They just need to type what their nickname is at the time (and unique ID, if need be) and that ID will be linked regardless of whether the name changes or not.

TeamSpeak uses tokens but there's not a way to track who used a token which is the problem. As soon as they're used, they're deleted which is a further issue. I've been trying to figure out a way to try and intercept the process so I can determine who used the key (since they're unique, one-time use only) but so far no joy.

I think I'll just go with the username / unique ID route to avoid further delays.

I have pushed out Beta 2 to the Pixel Exit store. I have added the correct license to each of your accounts but if I missed someone, please let me know. When the add-on eventually leaves beta, the year of updates and support will begin so don't worry too much about that.

Think you misssed me. Not seeing anything over at PixelExit.

Think you misssed me. Not seeing anything over at PixelExit.
Sorry about that, you should be all set now. :)

Bit of an update for everyone keeping up with progress. Thanks to @Steve F, we came across a breakthrough that would allow us to use privilege keys to establish a sync. To the end user, there'll probably never notice but after clicking the 'Connect to Server' button for the first time, some magic will be performed through the use of privilege keys and that will allow us to establish which TeamSpeak user is which XenForo user. Still a bit rough and requires polish but it's coming on nicely. Beta 3 also includes a bunch of new toys in the ACP and a new and lighter API which allows us to make much quicker connections to the server plus some other things.

Also, while I'm here, is there anyone that has a TeamSpeak setup which consists of more than one virtual server? There is currently some code in place to handle multiple virtual servers but I would need access to one to figure how things are differentiated as opposed to a bog-standard one virtual server setup.

Beta 3 has been pushed to all testers and is available on Pixel Exit. Full details can be found below:
Beta 3 introduces a brand new API in the hopes of increasing performance and reliability between XenForo to TeamSpeak connections. There is also a new method of syncing which is handled by privilege keys and crons. Other changes and additions are listed below (though I may have forgotten some). Due to the nature of this update and it's major architecture changes, I anticipate there will be some issues with this that I have not come across so I advise to test this update thoroughly and not deploy it to a production server unless you are aware of the risks.

Testing should be focused on primarily on syncing (groups should be assigned shortly after connecting to the server for the first time via the accounts/teamspeak area). Currently, some user group changes may not be reflected on TeamSpeak. Please report instances of this.

Additionally, there are new areas in the ACP including the Server List. If your TeamSpeak instance contains more than one virtual server, these should be displayed here. Experiment with the functionality available, let me know what breaks and what needs changing. Multi server support is not yet available in all areas of the ACP and is not present on the front end at this time.

Finally, the server viewer has been completely overhauled and is now much lighter and reusable, paving the way for widgets in the future. Please test both the viewer on the front end and in the ACP against your servers. Be advised that caching is not yet completely finished in beta 3.

Thank you for your patience.
  • Switched to a faster and lighter API.
  • Messages will now appear in the add-on option area if a problem with your connection details is detected.
  • Added the ability to delete privilege keys from within the ACP.
  • Added the ability to view a list of complaints lodged.
  • Added the ability to manage server groups from within the ACP.
  • A list of virtual servers at the specified server IP can now be viewed.
  • Server connection info is now exposed via the ACP server list.
  • Virtual servers can be created, started, stopped and deleted.
  • Global alerts can now be sent to all clients on all virtual servers.
  • Completely refactored syncing.
  • Import and export server snapshots.
  • Basic multi virtual server support (confined to the ACP only at this time).
  • Improved error handling when things break.
  • When debug mode is enabled, a log is generated to identify potential issues.
  • Other assorted fixes and improvements.

Hey this is exactly the integration we're looking for for our community as well, I'd be very interested in purchasing the plugin.

Edit:

OH! Just found and purchased it, thanks!

BTW Nix! Would you be willing to do more custom work in the future? We need some custom functionality produced, and I'd be very willing to pay you for development.

Top Bottom