Add-on TeamSpeak 3 Integration [Paid or Crowd-funded]

One thing i played with a long time ago is new post have an option to be added to Ts users private messages.

So if I post a topic and ticked a box all users will get a private message saying a small bit about the post and then a link directly to the post)

This I think would offer a great way of getting members back on the forums.

I also setup previously a addon for credits allowing every 15 minutes users on TS got credits to their account for participation on TS

I'm more of a code hack and slasher and don't really know how to code up a full plug in but these features would really rock and maybe some future ideas of where you might be able to take this addon
I actually like the idea of having some sort of reward for spending time within the server. Would need to be restricted to certain channels so that people who get thrown into the AFK channel aren't earning points since they aren't active.

Anything to motivate people to use the TeamSpeak would be great. Perhaps something you can look at down the road for an addition @NixFifty

One thing i played with a long time ago is new post have an option to be added to Ts users private messages.

So if I post a topic and ticked a box all users will get a private message saying a small bit about the post and then a link directly to the post)

This I think would offer a great way of getting members back on the forums.

I also setup previously a addon for credits allowing every 15 minutes users on TS got credits to their account for participation on TS

I'm more of a code hack and slasher and don't really know how to code up a full plug in but these features would really rock and maybe some future ideas of where you might be able to take this addon

I actually like the idea of having some sort of reward for spending time within the server. Would need to be restricted to certain channels so that people who get thrown into the AFK channel aren't earning points since they aren't active.

Anything to motivate people to use the TeamSpeak would be great. Perhaps something you can look at down the road for an addition @NixFifty
I was toying with the idea of adding something to the 'Watch Threads / Forums' functionality where the add-on would connect to the server and message user's if there's a post in a thread or forum they're watching. My server is fairly small but the site is not so I'm not entirely sure what the implications would be for a site with a larger TeamSpeak server but yeah, something that could be added fairly easily. There is a tool currently in the add-on which I made just to experiment but it turned out to be useful. Admins can send out alerts to TeamSpeak users from the ACP. The interface for that needs to be completed but yeah that's pretty nifty.

Monitoring time spent on the server is also possible, I believe, since TeamSpeak does record time spent on the server. I can definitely look in to that for a future release.

Worth noting that I'm just finalising a couple things and I'm targeting the weekend or shortly after to release a beta. If you're interested in taking part, please contact me. :)

I was toying with the idea of adding something to the 'Watch Threads / Forums' functionality where the add-on would connect to the server and message user's if there's a post in a thread or forum they're watching. My server is fairly small but the site is not so I'm not entirely sure what the implications would be for a site with a larger TeamSpeak server but yeah, something that could be added fairly easily. There is a tool currently in the add-on which I made just to experiment but it turned out to be useful. Admins can send out alerts to TeamSpeak users from the ACP. The interface for that needs to be completed but yeah that's pretty nifty.

Monitoring time spent on the server is also possible, I believe, since TeamSpeak does record time spent on the server. I can definitely look in to that for a future release.

Worth noting that I'm just finalising a couple things and I'm targeting the weekend or shortly after to release a beta. If you're interested in taking part, please contact me. :)
Sign me up ;)

Would love to test as well. Have been looking for something like this for a long time.

I would like to help test this. I am planning on setting up a TS server for our gaming community and if this is what i am thinking it is (where they can log into TS with their forum accounts) then i think this would be tremendous. I am not sure of all the features of this and what it all entails between xenforo and TS3. More info would be great, but we are adding TS to our community within the next week for all our members.

I would like to help test this. I am planning on setting up a TS server for our gaming community and if this is what i am thinking it is (where they can log into TS with their forum accounts) then i think this would be tremendous. I am not sure of all the features of this and what it all entails between xenforo and TS3. More info would be great, but we are adding TS to our community within the next week for all our members.

hi is there a way to help you ? or can i buy the beta ?? or testing the beta version ?
kind regards
There are a number of people in possession of a beta build. The next one is being worked on as we speak based on their feedback. If you would also like to help out, feel free to get in touch via a PM.

I think the old one might finally not be working completely anymore. I have used that one since 2013 and it's been flawless but now when I created a new forum and TS it works fine and changes the groups but when the user leaves and comes back they are sitting in a guest group. Could just be my problem but curious how this project has been coming along. :) Maybe an ETA? Thanks!

I have pushed out Beta 2 to the Pixel Exit store. I have added the correct license to each of your accounts but if I missed someone, please let me know. When the add-on eventually leaves beta, the year of updates and support will begin so don't worry too much about that.

Beta 2 includes a number of bug fixes and changes to reduce the amount of errors that were being logged. It also has changes to prepare for a much more advanced syncing solution. The API is proving to be difficult to work with in getting this sorted but I should have that figured out very soon. Thank you for your patience. :)

So, a bit of update of this. I looked in to Enjin and how they do it. I tried to re-create something similar in XenForo utilising the API however the API has some limitations which are making it quite tricky to get it working similar to that. I'm still working on it but I can't see a possible way around it so I'm open to other ways of making a sync.

I'm thinking of instead just keeping it to nicknames and if there's a duplicate in the TeamSpeak database, make the user enter their Unique User ID (kinda like two factor to make sure which ones they are and make sure who they are). Right now, that's most likely to work. Thoughts?

Top Bottom