Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Yeah. Tapatalk stealing my member list and spamming my members (who didn't use TT) with solicitations to download and install TT was the last straw. My membership is pretty privacy aware and this caused quite a stir for me when it appeared like I sold my memberlist to a 3rd party. TT was removed within 15 minutes of this event.

@cmeinck : You can also do this, it seems, by going into development mode in the ACP ($config['debug'] = 1; in config.php), then click Code Event Listeners, find the Tapatalk section, and disable "template_hook". And make sure to do this after every update, or modify the addon .xml file before you import it to disable the template_hook.
Bump for performing this, in case anyone is upgrading. Disable template_hook in Code Event Listeners :)

Briefly looked at the code (which is not fun, it's a mess). So apparantly, even if you disable smart banner and the screen, Tapatalk happily injects its JS tracking code.

Anyhow, you should be able to fix the issue by removing the following content from mobiquo/mobiquo.php:
PHP:
if (isset($_GET['welcome']))
{
    include('./smartbanner/app.php');
    exit;
}
Also, remove the following line from mobiquo/smartbanner/head.inc.php:
PHP:
$app_head_include .= $app_banner_head;

Haven't tested it, but you could give it a try.
^^ this. Every time you upgrade, it re-enables the template_hook. So you have to enable debug mode then uncheck it

No, one or the other. Easier to install the addon allowing you to enable debug mode in ACP and then disable the hook after an upgrade if you ask me but I haven't tried the other way

Getting the error:

ErrorException: Undefined index: fid - library/Tapatalk/Mail.php:62

How to fix that problem?

Well, just removed this from my board, luckily its a newish board and only 1,300 members but only a small handful (around 10 users) use this.

Well, just removed this from my board, luckily its a newish board and only 1,300 members but only a small handful (around 10 users) use this.

Congratulations. I'm also in the process of removing Tapatalk. They just keep on adding "features" that are intrusive and that we can't disable via the settings panel.

Don't forget to leave a review.

Top Bottom