Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Aye I agree, they have not even updated it here for several version either, possibly because it would cause a lot of complaints lol

Removed it ~9 mths ago. But now I see the TT app amalgamates blogs and forums together as one. Further diluting your content and pushing people to not only other forums, but now blogs too. So glad I removed it

Last edited:
The dilution of my site content in with other forums content is not at all helpful. Particularly when you are competing with those other forums. It's nice that Tapatalk have chosen to focus on end users, but this shift is making it less likely to appeal to forum owners.

I was helped in my justification announcement by being able to state that the largest UK based forum in my niche had just dropped it because of the same concerns. They run phpBB and got hit hard with SPAM registrations from the in app registration.

Reaction to pulling the plug was positive from my members. In fact found out a few had already stopped using it because the preferred the mobile responsive site because they could access all the sites features!

Responsive has come a long way (used a xenforo forum before my forum used xenforo) and we are working on tweaking that for our custom style and stuff which a lot prefer.

I'll be removing this soon as well due to the enormous issues, privacy concerns, horrible support, and non sense coming from the developers.

I sure hope it has nothing to do with the feedback email I sent them when I requested any and all data they hold on my forum be deleted asap. :whistle:

For those who are uninstalling it, log a support ticket and request any data they hold is removed as well. As no one really knows *exactly* what they keep (or scrape), I feel a generic 'please delete everything' ticket seems sensible.

If you want reasons, it's primarily that I don't like the way your application is diluting our content in with other forums content. You are now making it easier for my members to find other forums in my niche, and disengaging them from us. You have transitioned to a product which no longer has much benefit for a forum owner.

You have also started including code in OUR site emails to "view in tapatalk", which is driving engagement AWAY from our main site.

I've already had to disable "in app" registration some months back because of a rise in SPAM accounts. People in Tapatalk can't sign up for my forum anyway, they can only browse so removing it doesn't really have any negative effect on us.

Finally your response as a company to security or application issues leaves a lot to be desired. You make no effort to respond to the plugin resource thread on XenForo.com, and your response time in your own forums is not particularly good either.

All of the points have been addressed and I don't need a further response to them. So, that's about it really. Shame as when I started my forum 4 years ago Tapatalk was a good solid application with great potential.

We already knew they did not handle feedback and just locked threads but the fact they just removed the resource without even pitching in to our concerns just says it all and should make it known to be avoided.

As I said and have many others, we need to get a dedicated XenForo application even in testing pushed out. I might check how the @Slavik (I think he was getting one developed?) thing was going and see if he is still taking donations to help fund it.

Top Bottom