Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Quite a lot of people who use my gaming community forum use Tapatalk and they like it. It is free for forum owners to use it and you can enable advertising to bring in a little extra.

If people want it and are happy to pay for it, let them have it :)

Jesus, what a terrible add-on. I'm glad I got rid of it.

I don't think the add-on is so bad at all. The benefit of the Tapatalk service to the forum owner may be of question, especially now that Tapatalk has, it seems, subsumed forums under its interface, which now seems geared toward aggragating threads from more than one forum. The emphasis, in other words, now seems to be to "leverage" the content of forums in general. That makes sense from the vantage point of Tapatalk, which presumably does not consist of a bunch of independently wealthy gear-heads sitting around donating their time to the development of add-ons purely for the benefit of the forum owner. (Sometimes it seems that folks here and on the Internet in general somehow expect something of quality to be consistently offered for free because it's on the Internet.)

From a purely user-oriented interface perspective, I prefer ForumRunner to Tapatalk. I offer my forum up on both platforms, however. ForumRunner, at this point, seems to generate an error or two in on the backend for me every now and then (in the admin control panel), while I rarely see anything thrown off by the tapatalk plugin. I believe that, as of this writing, the ForumRunner plugin has not been updated in a long while (perhaps it doesn't need to be).

Nevertheless, rather than disparage this particular plug-in, it's probably more useful to discuss the value of this and the ForumRunner plugin in a more general discussion thread, unless you're experiencing unspecified errors related to this plug-in of which I'm not aware.

Last edited:
generally it's fair to say tapatalk hasn't got what it made in the past. slow update on recent posts, hard-to-implement API, lacks of features, unreliable performance, frequent timeout.
should take a look on something [bd]APi or XenAPI. they've done fantastic work.

Has anyone confirmed the most recent update works with Xenforo 1.4.6 now? I have not upgraded either yet due to the issues with Tapatalk.

Has anyone confirmed the most recent update works with Xenforo 1.4.6 now? I have not upgraded either yet due to the issues with Tapatalk.
I upgraded to 2.4.1 yesterday but found a whole load (5 pages) of Server Errors this morning, along the lines of those mentioned previously (param undefined etc). :(
I've now removed the mobiquo and library/Tapatalk directories and replaced them with the new ones in case old files were interfering with its operation. For upgrades I had copied the new files over the old ones.
If you haven't already upgraded, I'd hold off a little bit longer.

I upgraded to 2.4.1 yesterday but found a whole load (5 pages) of Server Errors this morning, along the lines of those mentioned previously (param undefined etc). :(
I've now removed the mobiquo and library/Tapatalk directories and replaced them with the new ones in case old files were interfering with its operation. For upgrades I had copied the new files over the old ones.
If you haven't already upgraded, I'd hold off a little bit longer.
Yeah, I have been holding off on both upgrades, Xenforo and TT. No worries, hope it gets straightened out sooner then later @tapatalk. :confused:

Yes, still getting error with XF 1.4.6 and Tapatalk 2.4.1:
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Error::$redirectTarget - library/Tapatalk/Listener/ControllerPostDispatch.php:19
and also
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Reroute::$params - library/Tapatalk/Listener/ControllerPostDispatch.php:7

Hmm.... it looks like the version of library/Tapatalk/Listener/ControllerPostDispatch.php included in the 2.4.1 ZIP file I downloaded on Thursday, isn't the same as the one in the current 2.4.1 ZIP. So they changed it without changing the version number.
That's bad.

xenforo 1.4.6 latest tapatalk plugin. 2.4.1

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function http_response_code() - mobiquo/avatar.php:84
Generated By: Ismeretlen fiók, 4 perccel ezelőtt
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://xxxxx/mobiquo/avatar.php?user_id=5243"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  ["user_id"] => string(4) "5243"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

throwing towns of this error in the log, so i deactivated the plugin til a useful version is out again.

Apparently they have updated the 2.4.1 file without calling it a new release. Trying re-installing after a fresh download. I guess

Really bad move @tapatalk

You should ALWAYS change the version number when you FIX something.

Dear Forum Owners,

Today we released an update to Tapatalk Plugin for xenForo to address compatibility issues found in the recent release of xenForo 1.4.6 and xenForo Media Gallery 1.0.4.

We strongly advise you to update to our plug-in version 2.4.1, especially if you have recently installed version 2.3.9 or version 2.4.0. Version 2.4.1 addressed a number of bugs as well as performance improvements so we strongly advise you to update the Tapatalk Plugin to the latest version.

You can find the updated file here.

Detailed changelog can be found at the following link: https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/tapatalk-for-xenforo-plugin-release-announcement-and-changelog.5533/page-2#post-155449

If you have any questions you can also post them in our support forum at: https://support.tapatalk.com/forums/xenforo-discussion.57/

Thank you,

The Tapatalk Team

xenforo 1.4.6 latest tapatalk plugin. 2.4.1
throwing towns of this error in the log, so i deactivated the plugin til a useful version is out again.
Which version of PHP are you using?
http_response_code() is only available in PHP 5.4 or later, so Tapatalk should specify that they need a later version than the minimum for XenForo ( PHP 5.2.11+)

Last edited:
Had tapatalk 2.3.5 before which worked fine without any issue. So i do upgraded from 2.3.5 to the current version.

ps: after i removed the 2.4.1 version and installed back the 2.3.5 everything is good again. Will wait for another stable version then.

I do not have media extension on xenforo. Just xenforo and resource manager. So i do not have the conflict where i need a fix.

Last edited:
Dear @tapatalk and team,

I'm a developer of Robot Forex (using Metaquotes Language). As a developer, i salute the way you are serving your add on/application users.
I salute you because:
  1. You can post a new update/post without respond the issues or questions in the previous post. I can not do that. I prefer to be silent if the previous issues has not completed yet. I was embarrassed to post new update without responding to user complaints before. As i follow your posts and team here, i found that many times you are easily skip some issues reported here and you just let users confused. By this way you are not too busy.
  2. You can be still comfortable to continue your project even you just received a very bad rating. I can not do that.
That's the only positive things that I can found here. You are better than me and most other developers in that points. But if you want to learn more concerned to your customers then you will have more benefits and positive things.
I will use this add on, and BYO also, once you have more positive things.

Thanks

Top Bottom