Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Would be nice if they updated this to 2.3.4 too, since i just upgraded via the normal first page only to find out that on their site its newer..

I would like to know this as well. Anytime there is an exploit I want to know about it

They has to roll back their entire forum a week "as a safety precaution" and reset all passwords.

Knowing Tapatalk, it probably was their own add-on that had the exploit [...]
They specifically said 3rd party - so if it turned out to be their own, that would make they complete liars and not just bad to business, but utter disastrous!

FYI ... if you disable the TapaTalk plugin, users are still able to access the site using TT app, even 6+ hours later and seeing new posts.

I didn't see it posted here yet, but there are posts in the TT support forum that indicate a Wordpress installation on the same server was the vector of compromise, rather than an XF plugin. It's really unfortunate that they weren't more clear about that up-front.

Speaking only for myself, this was the absolute last straw with regards to Tapatalk. Life is too short to keep having to deal with continual plugin issues and keep up with their abysmal support forums. I unpublished from their directory, uninstalled the plugin, and removed the files. It feels satisfying to be rid of.

I've uninstalled Tapatalk from the addons list.

Directories were still present on the server so I renamed tapatalk and mobiquo directories. I also went to tapatalk web site and disabled my forum.

Is there something more I should do to make sure Tapatalk is completely removed from my forum?

I just pulled it off of my 3 XenForo forums and about to remove it from the myBB ones. Kind of hate to do it with those though since they are not responsive. I need to look around for a free responsive capable forum script that is good.

Anyone confirm is Tapatalk plug in is secure / should I use it? I only migrated to Xenforo on Saturday and my users are crying out to replace the old vbulletin mobile apps.

Anyone confirm is Tapatalk plug in is secure / should I use it? I only migrated to Xenforo on Saturday and my users are crying out to replace the old vbulletin mobile apps.
No more or less than it ever has been. Its up to you. Either your users want it and you want to provide it or you don't. Haven't had any issues with it that wasn't experienced on VB.

No more or less than it ever has been. Its up to you. Either your users want it and you want to provide it or you don't. Haven't had any issues with it that wasn't experienced on VB.

Ok, it's just that the last dozen or so posts on this thread have been complaining about security vulnerabilities. I provide the vBulletin Apps for free to my users, I wouldn't want to recommend to them that they all buy Tapatalk, just for me to pull it a week later if there are still unresolved security issues - so I thought I'd get some advice on here first from other users.

Back
Top Bottom