Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Means the previous version supported the @syntax and generated a push notification when another user tagged your username. I suspect it was removed because that may have been what was tripping multiple alerts.
So you can no longer tag someone in a post and it gives them an alert?

That's odd. I updated to 1.3.0 and there is a @tag option in the settings. Maybe they plan on bringing it back soon and so it was left in the admin settings. :confused:

what the heck version or files needs to be used though? Lol! I grabbed and installed version 1.3.0 from their site:
http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=xnf

but on here, it's 1.1.3... do i install BOTH things? or just use the one from their website for version 1.3.0? >_>

Just the 1.3.0 from their site.

Just to save people the trouble, change log:

Tapatalk 11/12/2012 said:
Version 1.3.0 release

Update Note:
  1. Support advanced search.
  2. Add push key and optimize push mechanism to reduce holdtime.
  3. Optimize plugin entry interface in browser.
  4. Support full xenforo bbcode.
  5. Fix page number not correct, link-forum missing and other minority issues.
  6. Do not support @/tag function and tag push now.

Reactions: vVv
Anyone upgrade to 1.4.0 yet? I'm still on 1.1.4 due to some of the bugs that were introduced after it.

not sure why it is, but two users appearing online in tapatalk almost non-stop since they've joined site. hard to believe these two are always logged in, on their phones to my site 247 lol. also, whats that enable guest access option, that doesn't allow guests to view all the content and such without needing to register does it?

not sure why it is, but two users appearing online in tapatalk almost non-stop since they've joined site. hard to believe these two are always logged in, on their phones to my site 247 lol. also, whats that enable guest access option, that doesn't allow guests to view all the content and such without needing to register does it?
I have the same thing. Pretty sure it has to do with the phone checking for forum/PM updates. For example if you (the user) set the app to check every 30 min and you (the admin) have the site timeout set to 30 min (or higher), it'll appears as if they're online 24/7.

I have the same thing. Pretty sure it has to do with the phone checking for forum/PM updates. For example if you (the user) set the app to check every 30 min and you (the admin) have the site timeout set to 30 min (or higher), it'll appears as if they're online 24/7.

ah, i gotcha.. that explains it then lol. i'll double check my timeout settings.. but i think my forum timeout IS set for 30 minutes, not 15 minutes lol.

I'm now on 1.4.0

Although, their support site is currently down, as I was just trying to get a change log of what they have "improved" since 1.3

I'm now on 1.4.0

Although, their support site is currently down, as I was just trying to get a change log of what they have "improved" since 1.3

http://support.tapatalk.com/threads...e-announcement-and-changelog.5533/#post-80104
Version 1.4.0 release

Update Note:
  1. Add option to customize Tapatalk detect forum notification on browser.
  2. Add option for admin to set read-only forums on Tapatalk.
  3. Enhance custom sub-forum icon
  4. Enhance push feature
  5. Support mass subscription management
  6. Show full attachment type
  7. Other bug fixes
I'm about to upgrade now, but still never sure with "updates" haha.

Edit: I've installed the latest 1.4.0... haven't had issues on my end with forum on computer so far.. *knock on wood* I haven't tested it with cell yet though..

http://support.tapatalk.com/threads...e-announcement-and-changelog.5533/#post-80104
Version 1.4.0 release

Update Note:
  1. Add option to customize Tapatalk detect forum notification on browser.
  2. Add option for admin to set read-only forums on Tapatalk.
  3. Enhance custom sub-forum icon
  4. Enhance push feature
  5. Support mass subscription management
  6. Show full attachment type
  7. Other bug fixes
I'm about to upgrade now, but still never sure with "updates" haha.

Edit: I've installed the latest 1.4.0... haven't had issues on my end with forum on computer so far.. *knock on wood* I haven't tested it with cell yet though..
Their site came back up shortly after I posted that message. I've not seen any issues since upgrading yesterday, and neither have any of my members

Would anyone be willing to help me out with the IOS portion of the setup for TT's branded app? Its all Mac based and unfortunately I dont have a Mac.

For TapaTalk with vB, you could put a setting in the config file restricting access to certain user groups.
I, perhaps very stupidly, just assumed this also worked under XF and never actually tested it when I migrated.

I've now found out that it apparently doesn't work, and XF's version of TapaTalk does not do a core functionality that it did under vB. And I see no reason why it shouldn't.
Please visit http://support.tapatalk.com/threads/designating-tapatalk-permissions.15875/ and show your support if you think it's some TT should include, post haste, into the XF plugin.

Top Bottom