Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

I posted the following message on the Tapatalk support forum. I'm posting it here as well in hopes that you can make sure it is seen. The thread can be seen HERE.
---------------------------

Hello,

I have recently installed TinyMCE Quattro bbcodes 2.5.0 for Xenforo 1.4.1 and I’m running Tapatalk 2.3.2 on my forum. When I view threads with Tapatalk on my iPhone 5s that were created using TinyMCE the bbcode is exposed as you can see in the image below. BBcode like anchor, justify, tables, and so on are an issue.

I contacted the developer for TinyMCE for Xenforo and he suggest I bring this up here and point you guys to the Bbcodes formatters HERE.

I wish I could offer more but I don’t know how to code and this is my first forum. My understanding is that the bbcode that is included in TinyMCE is not included/formatted in Tapatalk.

From the Developer:
"You will have to ask this question in the Tapatalk thread. But since it seems they have coded their own Bb Code formatter, they can easily modify it to strip all Bb Codes but the ones they need (probably bold, italic, underline, list, etc.). You will find two examples of Bb Codes formatters here, so feel free to share it with the Tapaltak developers."

you can find the above conversation HERE.

Here is some more info:

XenForo 1.4.1
Tapatalk 2.3.2 (add-on)
Tapatalk iSO V3.1.1
Current Server PHP Version: native(5.4)
Example Page with the issue:
http://www.reefpeeps.com/threads/a-new-leopard-wrasse.544/

Photo Sep 26, 8 34 42 PM.webp

For those who use vfcoders Hide hack might use this regex to keep it hidden:

Code:
'/\[hide\](.*?)\[\/hide\]/si', '[Hide content - Open this thread in web version to see the content]'

'/\[hide-reply\](.*?)\[\/hide-reply\]/si', '[Hide content - Open this thread in web version to see the content]'

'/\[hide-thanks\](.*?)\[\/hide-thanks\]/si', '[Hide content - Open this thread in web version to see the content]'

'/\[hide-reply-thanks\](.*?)\[\/hide-reply-thanks\]/si', '[Hide content - Open this thread in web version to see the content]'

'/\[hide-posts\=[0-9]{1,9}\](.*?)\[\/hide-posts\]/si', '[Hide content - Open this thread in web version to see the content]'

'/\[showtogroups\=[0-9]{1,2}\](.*?)\[\/showtogroups\]/si', '[Hide content - Open this thread in web version to see the content]'

For hide-post, it will works with 0-999999999 post. For showtogroups, it will works wit 0-99.

I'm not Regex expert, so if you had something better please correct my post.

And for a bug report, img tag inside spoiler makes spoiler not working.

tapatalk updated Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App with a new update entry:

Big Fixes & New Features

Bug Fixes:
  1. Fixed a registration failure issue when a forum is a members-only community and requires custom fields in registration.
  2. Fixed a compatibility issue with older versions of PHP
  3. Fixed a permissions issue when closing reports
  4. Miscellaneous minor bug fixes
New Features and Changes:
  1. Support for birthday input during in-app new account registration.
  2. Updated Tapatalk usergroup assignment from Primary group to Secondary group.
  3. Deleted option:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Now, how to populate this with current users or past registrations? Great functionality, but quite unhelpful if we can only populate from now, on an existing TT site.

Not sure I understand? The option was always there to choose to have Tapatalk users put in a new usergroup on registration. The only change with this update is that now they remain in the Registered usergroup for Primary and then they are added to the Tapatalk usergroup you created as a secondary usergroup.

Not sure I understand? The option was always there to choose to have Tapatalk users put in a new usergroup on registration. The only change with this update is that now they remain in the Registered usergroup for Primary and then they are added to the Tapatalk usergroup you created as a secondary usergroup.
Because it was primary, and thus against XF guidelines on user group usage and privilege hierarchy, it was never useful.
Now it can be used appropriately, but only works on new registrations. It should place all TT users into this usergroup, not just new registrations. I outlined all this to winter.

Can you please stop filling this addon with horrible backdoors / vulnerabilities to sensitive forum information? An unauthenticated user should not be able to get information about what versions this addon is running, the backend IP address of the server, etc etc etc.

Do you mean there's a vulnerabilities now?! :eek:

Do you mean there's a vulnerabilities now?! :eek:
There are no security vulnerabilities.
Depends what you define to be a vulnerability.
Personally I think getting the IP address of your server even if its behind CloudFlare or a reverse proxy is a pretty big vulnerability. As is being able to do reconnaissance to find out plugin versions etc (amongst other things).

Depends what you define to be a vulnerability.
Personally I think getting the IP address of your server even if its behind CloudFlare or a reverse proxy is a pretty big vulnerability. As is being able to do reconnaissance to find out plugin versions etc (amongst other things).

You keep saying among other things, etc etc. Have you brought this up on their support forum? I'd be happy to if you could list all the issues you have. I assume you are referring to mobiquo.php??

Hi guys, after last update to 2.3.2 - my tapatalk not working anymore , I have 2 forums - same on both ? am I doing wrong something or hit some bug.

Uninstall module - and fresh-install - did not help too.

My system is:
CentOS 6.5
PHP 5.3.3
XenForo 1.4.1

And my other addons are on this picture:

xen-tapa.webp

Top Bottom