Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Removal of "via Tapatalk" in user profiles and "Who's Online" sections of your forums

My take on this is that it will not show on your profile page that you are using Tapatalk. Or maybe, does it hide the fact that users are using Tapatalk when you click on their member name when they are online?? I personally would not like that, I like begin able to tell you is online via Tapatalk. But I have seen the odd occasional profile post "via Tapatalk" which is just a stupid marketing gimmick IMO

Please... update your entry here too when you release an update. It'd be greatly appreciated.

I've got 1.4 RC2 installed on two of my forums, and it appears Tapatalk works all right. In saying that, I've cleaned up our standard theme so it plays better on mobile, so the need for a third-party app is reduced.

Installed and did everything fine but Taptalk shows not installed and the errors are not really listed.
Checked error_log and i get this when i access test.php

[04-Sep-2014 08:27:32] XML error: no element found at line 1, column 0
[04-Sep-2014 08:27:32] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/path_to_xf/library/Tapatalk/Bridge.php on line 317

XF 1.4 RC2

Hi! I had this error in my server error logs...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type XenForo_Phrase as array -library/Tapatalk/ControllerPublic/Tapatalk.php:80
Generated By: Today at 6:25 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

What might be the problem?

Has anyone else received this email from Tapatalk? I have upgraded to the most recent version, below (bold) it says removed Tapatalk sig from profile posts...What gives?

View attachment 81415
View attachment 81416

Dear Forum Owners,

15 years ago, I registered my first forum membership - and although I was mostly a lurker, following and participating in online discussions was an eye opening experience for me. Ever since, I've been fascinated with forums and the intrinsic value of interest-based discussions. The same forum I became a member of 15 years ago is still thriving today and I'm proud to say that it's also currently available on Tapatalk.

The introduction of Tapatalk as a free app wildly exceeded our greatest expectations. The number of Tapatalk users skyrocketed at a staggering rate. While we are thrilled that we helping more people view and join forums, we also discovered that the quality of our customer support suffered as we could not keep pace with the rapidly increasing user base.

During the last several months of growing and transitional pains, we have learned from our missteps and have re-focused our attention to improve the quality of our product, support, and communication. We have listened to Forum Owner feedback and have made great strides in improving forum discovery and offering better monetization opportunities with a guaranteed eCPM.

I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you more of the improvements we have made (and some that are still in-progress).

1. The latest versions of the Tapatalk Plug-In will enable an option to turn off the Smart App Banner
  2. Direct integration of the ability to use your own VigLink or SkimLink account on your published forums
  3. Removal of "via Tapatalk" in user profiles and "Who's Online" sections of your forums
  4. If you choose to set up custom fields in your user registration on Tapatalk, users will berequired to enter values to register an account. This means no more incomplete user profiles. This is part of an on-going improvement of our in-app User Registration feature
  5. Full StopForumSpam integration
In addition to these changes, we are also reviewing local regulations and user privacy requirements to make sure any new features we add conform to updated regulations.

I hope these changes also demonstrate that we value your feedback and that it does indeed help shape our product. If there is any feature, or lack thereof that really bugs you, feel free to reply to this email to let us know. We're always willing to listen.

Thank you again for your support as we improve your community experience on mobile.

Winter Wong

Founder, Tapatalk

It does not remove any profile posts that already exists. Just prevents new ones from being created.

This is a post from yesterday and it still exists in the signature...

Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 7.18.20 AM.webp

Does anyone know if you're able to track TT registrations via Google Analytics? TT's own analytics has nothing on registrations, and I cannot see where to see it within Google Analytics.
I'm not getting any users into the UserGroup from TT's in-app registration User Group Assignment functionality - wanting to check/verify via Google Analytics that there hasn't been any.

Does anyone know if you're able to track TT registrations via Google Analytics? TT's own analytics has nothing on registrations, and I cannot see where to see it within Google Analytics.
I'm not getting any users into the UserGroup from TT's in-app registration User Group Assignment functionality - wanting to check/verify via Google Analytics that there hasn't been any.
Yes- yo can track it as you do your forum with your Google profile ID. Tapatalk.com > Forum Owner Area > dashboard > Analytics - input your Google profile ID, starts with UA-
Then of course set it up in Google analytics.

Last edited:
Then of course set it up in Google analytics.
This is the bit I cannot see how to do - could you step me through it? I've tried several times, but cannot get GA showing TT registrations.

In GA, I go to Audience | Aquisition | New Users
... which has some stats. But I think this means new TT app users (but already have an account on my site), and not just registrations via TT app.

Last edited:
This is the bit I cannot see how to do - could you step me through it? I've tried several times, but cannot get GA showing TT registrations.

In GA, I go to Audience | Aquisition | New Users
... which has some stats. But I think this means new TT app users (but already have an account on my site), and not just registrations via TT app.
Have you done this first?

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009694?hl=en

Yes, I have a different (and have for over a year) GA tracking code for my site (eg. UA-2794xx-1) vs TapaTalk (UA-2794xx-8) to separate all organic site traffic vs TT traffic.
My information for my website and Tapatalk are accessed the same way as soon as I am logged into GA as seen below then I can choose what content criteria I want to review.

Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 5.56.02 AM.webp

My information for my website and Tapatalk are accessed the same way as soon as I am logged into GA as seen below then I can choose what content criteria I want to review.

Yes, exact same as I do. But when you go into your 'All Mobile App Data' under TT, where do you get the metrics for in-app TT registrations?

Top Bottom