Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Thanks, I do appreciate your encouragement and enthusiasm but

I see this as one more money sucking back door approach that gets end-users hooked, forces us to then buy something the end use doesn't really want which is more BS ads, that is only truly interested in profiling users surfing habits to sell us crap we do not need but have to pay for anyway. Whats wrong with this picture?

I don't understand? You control everything with BYO. You can run Google DFP, Admob or nothing. I can't help possible conspiracy theories as to what might happen.

It is very flexible and customizable for the price.

Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 4.18.08 PM.webp Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 4.18.15 PM.webp Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 4.18.41 PM.webp

To each their own. It has helped build sites for me. If you type Ford Mustang into any app store I am in the first few results. Same for Aspergers and Hyundai Genesis.
I don't know about others... but I don't go to the app store (or Google Play) to search for Ford Mustang. I go to Google or Bing.... and after going through 15 pages of Google I didn't see the forum there.

I don't know about others... but I don't go to the app store (or Google Play) to search for Ford Mustang. I go to Google or Bing.... and after going through 15 pages of Google I didn't see the forum there.

Something tells me you didn't grow up with an iPhone, iPad or Tablet as a kid either?

This is only on the Apple App store:

Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 4.21.58 PM.webp

As I stated, your mileage may vary. Maybe it doesn't work for you. But its working nicely for me.

Something tells me you didn't grow up with an iPhone, iPad or Tablet as a kid either?
Nope.... but I have 4 iPhones, 2 iPads, 3 Android tablets and around 12 Android phones... your point being (and "there's an app for that" is not a point ;) )?

Nope.... but I have 4 iPhones, 2 iPads, 3 Android tablets and around 12 Android phones... your point being (and "there's an app for that" is not a point ;) )?

My point being is it works for me. Your mileage may vary. I got 195 installs this month on one site from those mysterious people (read young people) who search for things like Ford Mustang in the app store ;)

Well, in about 7.5 hours there will be 7 less entries in their catalogue. I "may" leave the myBB ones since they don't have a responsive design by default - but I need to check and see if the old responsive add-on that I used to use still works and if it does all of them will be gone.
I've been a big proponent of Tapatalk - but after the same error being present for 4 months and the "it'll be fixed in the next release" refrain I've gotten tired and to the point I don't really trust their coding.

Well, in about 7.5 hours there will be 7 less entries in their catalogue. I "may" leave the myBB ones since they don't have a responsive design by default - but I need to check and see if the old responsive add-on that I used to use still works and if it does all of them will be gone.
I've been a big proponent of Tapatalk - but after the same error being present for 4 months and the "it'll be fixed in the next release" refrain I've gotten tired and to the point I don't really trust their coding.

Do what you gotta do :)

I'm gone with no regret... Thanks for your info, it was helpful but far from convincing Tapatalk is worth $826 a year. Insane. (n)

tapatalk updated Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes & New Features

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a privacy issue within push notifications
  • Fixed a SSO compatibility issue
  • Fixed push notifications not being sent to all participants in a conversation
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes

New Features:
  • Support for modifying post attachments
  • Support for adding attachments when creating and replying to conversations
  • Support for leaving a redirect link option when merging threads
  • Support for marking conversations as read
  • Support for displaying...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In case anyone is looking for a way to remove the "SmartBanner" stuff completely (my users hate it), remove these lines from /library/Tapatlk/EventListener/Hook.php

Lines 26-28 (for me, at least):

Code:
            if (!function_exists('tt_getenv')){
               include($forum_root.'/'.$tapatalk_dir_name.'/smartbanner/head.inc.php');
            }

Anybody get polls to work in Tapatalk?

I did a push on a voting thread and when I go into the thread it does not display the poll. Is there a setting somewhere?

Anybody get polls to work in Tapatalk?

I did a push on a voting thread and when I go into the thread it does not display the poll. Is there a setting somewhere?

Polls are planned and from some of the design views I have seen it is very user friendly. We don't have an exact date on when it will be released though.

In case anyone is looking for a way to remove the "SmartBanner" stuff completely (my users hate it), remove these lines from /library/Tapatlk/EventListener/Hook.php

Lines 26-28 (for me, at least):

Code:
            if (!function_exists('tt_getenv')){
               include($forum_root.'/'.$tapatalk_dir_name.'/smartbanner/head.inc.php');
            }

You will be able to disable this in the future with a flag in a config file. No time frame yet on when this update will be out.

Top Bottom