Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Anyone has issues with own site links not taking you to the correct place in app? All external links load perfectly fine, but anything related to my site takes you to somewhere else.

For example I have a link to one of my XMG user albums, and when clicked in app it takes me to a year old unrelated thread. Found another couple of links which do the same, but in each case to a different thread.

Anyone has issues with own site links not taking you to the correct place in app? All external links load perfectly fine, but anything related to my site takes you to somewhere else.

For example I have a link to one of my XMG user albums, and when clicked in app it takes me to a year old unrelated thread. Found another couple of links which do the same, but in each case to a different thread.

If you PM me your site and a way to find that post within Tapatalk I can see if I can reproduce it and possibly get it fixed.

Too bad you posted that on another site, and not here as well, all the while basically acting in this thread as a Tapatalk apologist. That kind of thing further undermines my feelings toward Tapatalk.

I personally think you should add a blurb about your relationship with TT to your sig line so that everyone is aware of your conflict of interest.

Too bad you posted that on another site, and not here as well, all the while basically acting in this thread as a Tapatalk apologist. That kind of thing further undermines my feelings toward Tapatalk.

I personally think you should add a blurb about your relationship with TT to your sig line so that everyone is aware of your conflict of interest.

I see no conflict of interest personally. I am a forum owner with 11 sites running Tapatalk. I have the same interests as you. However, I will do what you requested and if you ever have a question or a problem with Tapatalk you can talk to me or go directly to Tapatalk. Whatever you prefer.

@BamaStangGuy I am thrilled that an actual forum owner finally has Winter's ear. He needs a solid sounding board for his ideas! (Much like my senior staff does for me on my site)

I personally would love to see Winter come up with an method/API to allow other resources to interact within tapatalk. For instance, what is keeping me from going ahead with BYO is that I can't display my vaultwiki entries inside tapatalk.

My current gripe with Tapatalk is that all new registrations add the 'Using Tapatalk' blurb to both signatures and profile status' Since I show 'Status Updates' in my sidebar, I'm constantly having to prune 'Using Tapatalk' from those updates.

It's these types of apparently unalterable behaviours that TT continues to push on my forum that bothers me.

If anyone knows where I can disable this, please let me know.

My current gripe with Tapatalk is that all new registrations add the 'Using Tapatalk' blurb to both signatures and profile status' Since I show 'Status Updates' in my sidebar, I'm constantly having to prune 'Using Tapatalk' from those updates.

It's these types of apparently unalterable behaviours that TT continues to push on my forum that bothers me.

If anyone knows where I can disable this, please let me know.

I agree and have raised this with them.

Is there anyway my links or ads will show in tapatalk? I mean, why am I supporting a product that is killing the ability for me to support urls I choose. After supporting this app for a long time, I'm removing it today. It seems too one side to me, and that side isn't supporting the hand that feeds my revenue. If I'm missing something here, please tell me?

thank you.

Is there anyway my links or ads will show in tapatalk? I mean, why am I supporting a product that is killing the ability for me to support urls I choose. After supporting this app for a long time, I'm removing it today. It seems too one side to me, and that side isn't supporting the hand that feeds my revenue. If I'm missing something here, please tell me?

thank you.

You can enable Tapatalk ads in your dashboard. Tomorrow the CPM that you will get will be $1.50 guarenteed until at least December 31, 2014.

If you have BYO you can run your own ads using Admob or Google DFP.

Just wanted to drop a few updates for everyone who had complaints about these issues in the past.

First, from July 1 until December 31, 2014, the CPM for Tapatalk is set for $1.50.

You can read more about that here: https://blog.tapatalk.com/?p=447

Secondly, and most important to a lot of you, the Tapatalk plugin and apps will be updated and the following changes will be made: https://blog.tapatalk.com/?p=418

Just Recently Completed

• Pre-filling of the “Via Tapatalk” signature has been removed for all new users who register for an account in a forum through the app. The new default will be an empty signature, ready for whatever text you wish to enter. Of course as always, users can edit/change/remove their signature at any time by going into “Settings -> Signature” section in the app.
  • The autofill profile post that is created when a user creates an account through Tapatalk SSO has been removed.
Coming (Very) Soon

• All newly hosted images through the native Tapatalk image hosting service will no longer feature a watermark for all users. The removal of watermarks in existing hosted images is also a possibility we are looking into, but for now we’re not ready to announce an ETA or additional info on this effort since we are still investigating.
ETA – Early to Mid July

• All links leading to Tapatalk’s image host site that are embedded in images shared through our native Tapatalk image hosting service will be removed. Hosted images using Tapatalk will behave more like images hosted through other third-party sites like imgur and the like. This update will require forum owners to update to the latest plug-in to take effect.
These changes come on top of numerous bug fixes reported by you all to me and Tapatalk.

Another change that I believe will be happening (it has at least been discussed) is a desire to move toward a support ticket system. We are considering using this add-on: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-support-ticket-system.3207/

Feedback on this change will be helpful. I think it will make tracking your bug reports and feature requests much easier and it will keep things way more organized.

You can enable Tapatalk ads in your dashboard. Tomorrow the CPM that you will get will be $1.50 guarenteed until at least December 31, 2014.

If you have BYO you can run your own ads using Admob or Google DFP.

But I don't want tapatalk ads at all. I want 100% control over who I promote on my site. It appears we are all working for Tapatalk and not the other way around. I would rather pay for this app and have it work like an add-on to my benefit, not the other way around. I've removed this ridiculous platform as of yesterday.
Xenforo is 100% responsive anyway. I mean, I can browse using safari and it shows banners and links beautifully, the banners that are part of "my ad server". . I don't get it?

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but am I missing something? I hope I'm wrong and shown the greater benefits to this.

Thanks

You can disable Tapatalk ads then. However, there is currently no way to run your own ads on the Tapatalk free app. Their BYO app gives you the control you want.

There are also other benefits that I think will continue to improve, such as gaining new members from being listed in their Tapatalk directory. I know that future improvements to their directory listing are planned to make this even better.

I have at least one site where I get more members from Tapatalk than I do via the normal registration method of the forum.

lol, it will cost me $168 to start and $69 month thereafter to use this? So, that translates to $828 USD a year or $8,282.00 for ten years. I would have to be insane to use this .
Crazy.

lol, it will cost me $168 to start and $69 month thereafter to use this? So, that translates to $828 USD a year or $8,282.00 for ten years. I would have to be insane to use this .
Crazy.

To each their own. It has helped build sites for me. If you type Ford Mustang into any app store I am in the first few results. Same for Aspergers and Hyundai Genesis.

Thanks, I do appreciate your encouragement and enthusiasm but

I see this as one more money sucking back door approach that gets end-users hooked, forces us to then buy something the end user doesn't really want which is more BS ads in general. But at least it would be whom I select with is better...
Tapatalk = profiling users surfing habits to sell us crap we do not need but have to pay for anyway. Whats wrong with this picture?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom