Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

TT works with my SMF site, but it won't work on my Xen site. I just disabled it until I know that it has been fixed. It worked fine running the latest releases/updates of Xen and all addons, until I updated TT.

So, here's the deal.

Before the last release that botched my Xen (Version 2.0.2) there was a stable working version of TT.

THIS ONE: 2.0.1

But it appears that there is now a new new botched release, since that last one was not so hard to disable, and uninstall I suppose the idea was to make the newest one a real PITA... I just took a chance and tried to use the newest one 2.0.3... Now I can't get my site out of offline mode (the easy way)... Not to be an asiahole but my site WAS working fine until I (yet again) poked it with TT. lol.

wtfxentt.jpg

Attachments

Because I am obviously returded, and a sucker for punishment I am going to delete all TT files/db, and then re install Version 2.0.1 The insane Monkey in me assumes this should make things work fine as they did before I updated against my better judgement... I'll post in a few minutes to let you folks know if this works. I see no reason why it wouldn't... but ya never know. Poke poke button button, click click... grabs vine, swings away.

I went to upload this to my forums -- the directions say to upload the contents of the upload folder in the archive... But there is no upload folder. What do I upload?

Thanks,
Ray

I went to upload this to my forums -- the directions say to upload the contents of the upload folder in the archive... But there is no upload folder. What do I upload?

Thanks,
Ray
You need to upload the "mobiquo" and "library" folders into your forum root, then install the add-on by uploading the addon-Tapatalk.xml file (as per usual method).

Yeah I caught that too. Poor instructions. You upload the files into the upload directory. So if you unzip the package and place it in a folder called "upload" on your local PC, the sub-folders would be "library" and "mobiquo".

Clarification: you can just upload the contents to "library" to the "library" folder and same with the "mobiquo" folder. Then go into ACP and browse to the .xml file and install. If upgrading use the upgrade link next to the add-on.

P.S. I ask because we've had our own branded Forum Runner app but it stopped working and Forum Runner has not responded to any of our queries for help except they're quick to send us renewal bills. Don't want to stay with them, our customers have been very unhappy.

Thanks,
Ray

Thanks! Will try that. ; ) Has anyone tried their BYO app program?

Ray
I'm currently on their BYO program. It does the job, however their BYO app lags behind their main Tapatalk app.

Let me know if you have any questions..

Cheers to all. First of all i am sure this is not a bug i may just overview a configuration setting.

Anyway i am looking for to use the thread images in Tapatalk. I've seen this on many board and they looks good.

banner_new1.jpg

So when you check the thread list some thread has images usually 3 of them.

On our board this is not working. We're not using attachments. All images are linked from external sites.
I thought this is the reason, but i've seen some sites that the IMG inserted external images also appear this way.

Any idea what i should look at to turn this on or off later if i am not happy with?

Thanks for your help guys in advance.

Weird issue here. XF 1.2, Tapatalk 2.0.3.

We had some server issues with our host last night. Got back up this morning, and a lot of my Android Tapatalk users report getting a "This community is currently not available on Tapatalk. (Error 404)"

Strangely, it works FINE on iPad and a few older Android phones like the Droid RAZR.

I'm honestly out of ideas. Our host seems to be getting slammed by tickets as they've actually disabled the ticketing system and I can't get an answer out of them.

Well, could be a host issue, but the problem solver in my says "reboot". Meaning, uninstall the add-on, and then re-install it, see if that works? Kind of a pain though because your users might have to search for the site again (I think...not sure)

Done that. Restarted the server, restarted apache, uninstalled and re-installed...I've tried everything I can think of. Why would iOS and Android versions of Tapatalk have different GET requests (or whatever)?

Yep, not every addon, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Tapatalk plugin including removing and then re-uploading the files.

Top Bottom