• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tapatalk Forum App for XenForo - Calling for Beta Testers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. As soon as you hit "Send" (top right corner) the error won't let you go any further.

Yes, no worries, with you having no iPhone to test, rest assured that's the iPhone's response anyway.
Thanks for the return input, it'll take a while I guess :)

In mobiquo/config/config.txt, set api_level to 3. That should sort out most of the issues until we get the next beta out.

Everyone running the beta should do this - seems it should never have been set to 4 in the first place... sorry about that.

In mobiquo/config.txt, set api_level to 3. That should sort out most of the issues until we get the next beta out.

Everyone running the beta should do this - seems it should never have been set to 4 in the first place... sorry about that.

Ditto to Darkimmortal - as soon as you changed the config file to api_level = 3 instead of 4. Everything should work.

We will fix this issue in our next XF build as soon as both iPhone and Android build.

Keep the bugs / issues coming... :)

I'm not able to reproduce the Android issue using the prerelease version of the Android app I've got here, so hopefully that's just an app issue that has already been taken care of.

As for the iPhone issues, I think it's down to discrepancies in the API, though I can't be certain as I don't have an iPhone to test with. I do have a fairly good idea what the problem is, so I'll pass that on to the other developers.

This issue has been corrected with the latest build installed this morning.

Anyone running both Tapatalk and Forum Runner can give some comments on how the two apps compare?
For me: Tapatalk got off to a slow start not being able to post on the first attempt. This was quickly and overnight sorted and is now fine.
ForumRunner is working fine here on my forum with my iPhone 3GS.

I do see a future battle between when one forum is running both apps however: repesctfully, the end user (the forum browser) is going to see two pop-ups saying "X forum is ForumRunner/Tapatalk compatible" do you want to find out more?" (or words to that effect).
Granted this would only happen once per user session with cookies deleted but I guess it could be ever so slightly annoying for the visitor to be clicking "NO" or indeed "YES" twice?
Not a gripe, purely an observation.

EDIT: I should add that ForumRunner has been working flawlessly since installation back in Feb: http://mx5life.com/community/threads/forum-runner.19/
So, yes FR has a head start, so to speak.

So basically, the two apps will do the same fine jobs and it comes down to the owner to decide which way to go.
And this has a lot to do with the licence price, branding price.

I still have no idea about pricing structure for Tapatalk and if they will support Blackberry on the future?

Forum Runner got a head start and I say, competition is good for business.

For me, again at the momement, Tapatalk has the edge on features.
A quick example is the insertion of a map. An easy way of sharing your current position.
Beta. So well aware of things in progress and little hiccups here and there. Early days yet.

So at the moment, you can't beta test and let your user install the free app to check it out for you like Forum Runner. Looks like only admins can install and test themselves.
What do you mean Tapatalk has more features?
I'll wait to see how the pricing plan is.

Are PDF attachments supported at the moment?
Would it support custom BBCode such as [tex]. Maybe this is a question DarkImmortal can answer?

I have users who are clamoring for this application. I understand it useful, as forumRunner, but does not take long now?

Encouragement!

Salud2

I do see a future battle between when one forum is running both apps however: repesctfully, the end user (the forum browser) is going to see two pop-ups saying "X forum is ForumRunner/Tapatalk compatible" do you want to find out more?" (or words to that effect).
Granted this would only happen once per user session with cookies deleted but I guess it could be ever so slightly annoying for the visitor to be clicking "NO" or indeed "YES" twice?
Not a gripe, purely an observation.

I'll make that notification optional in Tapatalk :)

I still have no idea about pricing structure for Tapatalk and if they will support Blackberry on the future?

Tapatalk supports Blackberry currently, along with webOS, Ovi and Windows Phone 7.

Of course with any of these mobile apps, I feel the lack of a Shoutbox (like DI's most awesome one) is a bit of an offset.
To be expected though I guess. :coffee:

EDIT: Did I say offset? I meant downer.

Message from one of my users:

When I go to the "Participated" tab, it will just sit there and spin at me until I get bored and back out. I can still browse the forums, I just can't separate out the threads I've posted I'm already.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I am able to duplicate using my iPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom