Tapatalk and V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And on a related note, they have the policy that any users of it that upload photos have them stored on the Tapatalk server and not yours... so if you ever do remove the add-on you lose those photos.
Thank you for your explanation :)

This is not a problem for me.
Here are covert addons for to place the photos on your own server.

Thank you for your explanation :)

This is not a problem for me.
Here are covert addons for to place the photos on your own server.
Or turn on image proxy with no expiration date.
Not really sure if those will work with the process that they use. Since I removed it from the XF sites I had (they are no longer active) I can't verify that how they process their images.
But in any case, it's really a stupid thing to have to do.... it's just another one of those steps they use to try to force you to pay for their service.

Yeah you have to do it probably prior to installing TT on your site so that any images posted after that will get proxied, then when you remove it they stay. But if you set proxy after installing TT, all the prior posted images (that are never viewed again) prior to uninstalling would not get proxied.

I suppose you could install it and then run something that causes all images posted to get added to the proxy system, then uninstall it?

I still think a native app is the the way forward in the long run, but what would be quite cool hybrid service is a forum push service, like pushover, but rebranded as a community or forum push management app.

I love pushover, but the setup and getting users to use it is a little cumbersome for some, then there’s the cost.

You can however bulk buy licences and distribute them to your users if you’re able to justify the cost.

I’ve got mine setup to redirect straight from the notification tap, to the pushover app, which then switches straight over to safari and loads the page natively. It’s pretty sweet if the full browser experience is important to you.

I agree with this ^^ also, pushover is nice but the payment thing sucks. I would have to gauge how much it gets used and look at the monthly limit etc to see where it would fall in terms of cost with a lot of users trying it. So how can you bulk-purchase licenses and distribute them?

You can bulk buy licences using their volume licensing tool or API.

My company would like to purchase a large number of licenses for our employees or customers. Is there an easy way to do this?
For most companies, our new Pushover for Teams service is the best solution for managing a number of users under an administrative account.

If you need to purchase Pushover licenses on behalf of accounts that you don't need to manage, we have two tools available.

If you have a list of users that you wish to buy licenses for (either existing Pushover users, or just e-mail addresses for users that will download Pushover later) you can use our Volume Licensing Tool. This is a tool that will build an invoice for you based on the number of licenses you wish to purchase, which can then be paid by credit card or PayPal.

Licenses can be purchased for existing Pushover accounts by Pushover user key, or for future accounts registered by e-mail address. Once a previously-licensed e-mail address is used to signup for a new Pushover account (through our device clients or our website), the purchased license will be automatically activated for that account.

Alternatively, if you will need to assign licenses to users in the future and you do not yet know their e-mail address or Pushover user key (such as when building an application that will need to assign licenses to users on-demand programmatically), we have a Licensing API available. With this method, you purchase a number of licensing credits up front (with discounts available based on the number of credits purchased) which remain stored on your Pushover account/application. Whenever you need to assign a license, you can do so with a simple API call and pass the user's e-mail address or Pushover user key and a license will be assigned based on your available credits.

Whether purchasing licenses through our Volume Licensing Tool or purchasing credits for our Licensing API, the pricing is the same:

• 1 to 19 licenses - $4.99 USD each
  • 20 to 99 licenses - $4.25 USD each
  • 100 to 499 licenses - $3.75 USD each
  • 500 to 999 licenses - $3.50 USD each
  • 1000 and up licenses - $3.25 USD each

It looks like you have to enter the emails of the users directly at the time of purchase using the bulk licensing tool. But it looks like there's a way of pre-paying for say 100 licences and then distributing them as you see fit using the API instead.

You could then give them out using competitions or gamification through the trophy system for the type of active users that would likely benefit from a licence.

It may take an add on to make it all run smoothly and ensure a good user experience. Perhaps Chris' already very good Pushover add on could be extended to accomodate this.

You could buy licences through the XF ACP at a bulk rate, then have a system to distribute them to eligible users programatically or manually.

That would probably be quite a good way of ensuring they actually install the app and set it up too. If they feel like they're being awarded something premium which is worth $5 retail, then they'll be much more likely to download the app and link their forum account.

Perhaps they could also purchase retail licences through their forum account through user upgrades, which automatically generates and links their Pushover account so they only have to download and install it, that could also be a cool feature and perhaps make it easier than telling them to go off an create a whole new account with another company and pay them, then come back and link it all. It feels like a lot of hoops.

The one thing that really frustrates me about pushover though is that their ios, android and desktop services all require seperate licences. I wish there was a cross platform licence that covered them all for any given user account, for the same $5. I'm not sure how many people would pay more than that, but it would help hit more birds with one stone push

Perhaps it would be worth someone talking to them directly about that.

If there was an add on that handled the purchasing and forum account linking, an add on that could drive a huge number of additional retail pushover licence sales from individual users through user upgrades, in addition to bulk volume sales by admins to issue to their users, so they can get cross platform notifications of all of their fav forums on their mobile device and desktop, then perhaps they'd entertain the option of a cross platform licence for forum users.

No problems here with other add-ons.
I highly doubt that will be true, or if it is, it won't be for long.

Honestly, we really don't pass comment very often on third party code, but this code must be avoided at all costs until they're able to release a version that extends XenForo code in the correct way. In its current state it is a compatibility nightmare, and if we did do any sort of code review, this wouldn't even be close to being approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom