tapatalk and security, convos, etc.

Looks like somebody might have found a fix:

https://support.tapatalk.com/thread...ation-being-disabled.21568/page-2#post-117758

If I get some time tonight, I'll poke around in those config files and see what else I can find. Some of these users have also pushed avatars through to our server from Tapatalk, despite their usergroup permissions not allowing it.

Copied the fix for posterity:

Open mobiquo/include/get_config.php

Change:

PHP:
 $config_list['inappreg'] =  new xmlrpcval(isset($register_setup['enabled']) && $register_setup['enabled'] ? '1' : '0', 'string');

to

PHP:
 $config_list['inappreg'] =  new xmlrpcval(isset($register_setup['enabled']) && $register_setup['enabled'] ? '0' : '0', 'string');

There's also the option of rolling back to a previous version of Tapatalk. I'm pretty sure I still have some 1.8 releases. 1.9 is missing a lot of the ACP options that were previously offered.

This thread makes me sad... and makes me want to uninstall tapatalk and work on the responsive design...

Guess I need to stop being lazy. :(

This thread makes me sad... and makes me want to uninstall tapatalk and work on the responsive design...
Exactly what I'm doing. Not sure if I'm getting more excited over upgrading to XF 1.2 and having a responsive design, or then being able to dump TT ;)

I dumped Tapatalk back in October when things started to really go downhill with the app/company. My members have adjusted nicely to using responsive design (and @Chris Deeming's Unread Post Count add-on has helped too, making it easy for them to see if there are any new posts) and I must say I've never looked back. :D

If you use Branded Tapatalk you can use Google Analytics with it. I will be disabling the normal tapatalk app for all of my forums and only be pushing my Branded ones soon.
Did they have any comments on why TT doesn't show up in google analytics, quantcasts, etc. (if this is true?).
Yesterday I logged into my TapaTalk account and noticed an Analytics tab under the non BYO. I entered a Google Analytics App id and today I see that there has been some traffic. Might be something to check out.

Yesterday I logged into my TapaTalk account and noticed an Analytics tab under the non BYO. I entered a Google Analytics App id and today I see that there has been some traffic. Might be something to check out.
Just added my code to see what actual usage is like. How do you create the Mobile App ID in GA?

upload_2014-1-9_15-19-36.webp

Admin (near top right) | Property (middle column) drop-down, and select 'Create New Property'
Perfect! Now makes more sense having seen that section. I now have a separate GA tracking ID for Tapatalk. I put my main site one on initially...

Perfect! Now makes more sense having seen that section. I now have a separate GA tracking ID for Tapatalk. I put my main site one on initially...
No need to make a new account just a new property. For example your site is UA-19293029-1 and your app is UA-19293029-2.

When creating the new property make sure you select App and not Web.

No need to make a new account just a new property. For example your site is UA-19293029-1 and your app is UA-19293029-2.

When creating the new property make sure you select App and not Web.
Yes that's what I have now. Just my clumsy way of explaining stuff ;)

Reactions: DBA
Exactly what I'm doing. Not sure if I'm getting more excited over upgrading to XF 1.2 and having a responsive design, or then being able to dump TT ;)

Our users universally hated the responsive design. They preferred to zoom and pan.

Hmmm this mambo jambo matter remind me with one ticketing software *k****0 that get so many trouble in the past and their staff try to "hide problems" and not being in good respond to their customers.

It's better to go away for that kind company afterall it is useless if you have so many engineers but still dont know how to solve problems.

-BusyBee

I got to meet Winter this past weekend and was very happy with what he showed me and others in Austin, TX. He was very eager to listen to what we all had to say and I think the direction they are going in is the right one. I brought up concerns about spam and a few other issues. They have 20 engineers working on Tapatalk and went into what it takes to actually keep up with Android and iOS updates. There are bound to be mishaps but I came away from the meeting feeling really good about their future.

Here we all are discussing Tapatalk. Winter is in the blue shirt. I'm on the far right in the hat.

View attachment 59186

Top Bottom