• Breeze

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Semblance

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Splash

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Hi Everyone,

I'm a member of the TalkTemplate.com team and we're looking to expand our styles fromvBulletin 4 skins to XenForo styles as well. All of our styles are completely supported with each stable update and free (we may release paid styles in the future).

Before we begin, we'd like to know if members would like a specific template that we currently support for vB4 to be created for XF. Or would you prefer a new standalone style?

Here are some of our more popular skins
DarkVision (fixed and fluid comes in blue, white and yellow) - #1 vB4 skin on vBulletin.org
http://www.talktemplate.com/content.php?26-DarkVision-Free-vBulletin-4-Skin

Breeze (fixed and fluid)
http://www.talktemplate.com/content.php?28-Free-vBulletin-4-Skins-Breeze

Semblance (fixed and fluid)
http://www.talktemplate.com/content.php?29-Free-vBulletin-Styles-Semblance-(Grey)-Skin

Splash (fixed and fluid)
http://www.talktemplate.com/content.php?35-Free-vBulletin-Skins-Splash

You can find our other styles at talktemplate.com.
Thanks,
Taylor

Something completely new... all those are old, boring and VB, none of which I would want anything to do with.

IMHO, if you want to design skins for XF, then step outside of VB thinking and styling methods, and think out of the box, clean, uncluttered, intuitive and innovative, being what XF is within the forum sphere to other products on the market.

Flexile has brought that to the table thus far, and a few other themes come close to it... otherwise people are failing from what I have seen due to cluttering design with image intensive styles and clutter... everything XF isn't.

Use sprites, use original images, keep images minimal, put lots of padding between things to make them clear, keep it uncluttered and fast.

So my vote is none of the above, instead a new, fresh style.

Flexile has brought that to the table thus far, and a few other themes come close to it... otherwise people are failing from what I have seen due to cluttering design with image intensive styles and clutter... everything XF isn't.

Use sprites, use original images, keep images minimal, put lots of padding between things to make them clear, keep it uncluttered and fast.

So my vote is none of the above, instead a new, fresh style.
With all respect for Erik who made it, but I don't see how Flexile would be that special. It seems like a rather basic theme, really.. It might just be me, of course. I'm a huge fan of Whisper though, which (in my humble opinion) actually does stand out a lot.

There is a big ole Resource discussion forum.. for discussing resources which bizarrely includes Themes/Styles/Skins.

Hopefully this will get moved there.

There is also an awful lot of opinionated BS going down in this thread. :cautious:

To the OP... do the themes or don't, the market for XF is quite different from vB, so you will be taking a risk regardless. Might I suggest you Dive in and learn how to do themes with XF first, then if you truly love it, go for it, if not what is the point :)

Always in life please yourself first... if you don't love it, there's no point investing the time and effort to do it.

sincerely sorry for but did not like any, but all are like 6 of completevb, they are:

Red Skin Gamer

Orange Peel Skin

Blue Skin Gamer

Animated Arena Skin

Aesthetica Skin Blue

Skin Life.Element

Any one or some of these issues that resembles these would be of great value to the community xenforo! (in my opinion of course)

Hugs and continue the wonderful work!

With all respect for Erik who made it, but I don't see how Flexile would be that special. It seems like a rather basic theme, really.. It might just be me, of course. I'm a huge fan of Whisper though, which (in my humble opinion) actually does stand out a lot.

That's my thinking. I took a look at it and it's extremely simple. If that's the type of style XF members are looking for, there shouldn't be a problem.

One of the thing what makes flexile great is support for xenporta . It's easy to customize and supports all add-on's of jaxel just enabling one option through admin panel . It looks simple but it's one of the best skin so far for free see the number of sites using out there.

That's my thinking. I took a look at it and it's extremely simple. If that's the type of style XF members are looking for, there shouldn't be a problem.
Sador, TalkTemplate, you should both rethink your thinking, as that is also the most popular of all themes ever created, because its "basic". This is not opinion, that styles thread speaks volumes of its success for good reason... being "basic" and "clean".

Semblance looks decent to me.

And you will find that people who have got used to "the XF way", prefer slick, minimalistic and clean look. Something like what LinkedIN does as a social network. It's powerful, slick, full of features yet maintains a clean look. Just a suggestion.

Sador, TalkTemplate, you should both rethink your thinking, as that is also the most popular of all themes ever created, because its "basic". This is not opinion, that styles thread speaks volumes of its success for good reason... being "basic" and "clean".
Perhaps. but it's not "intuitive and innovative" in my opinion. It's quite basic. And that's okay, if you want that. Hell, I made a few of my own themes just by switching around some colors and getting an entirely different layout. But, for me, it just isn't that unique or different from other styles as far as I'm concerned.

One of the thing what makes flexile great is support for xenporta . It's easy to customize and supports all add-on's of jaxel just enabling one option through admin panel . It looks simple but it's one of the best skin so far for free see the number of sites using out there.
I haven't had any problems with any of Jaxels addons on any of the styles I use, though. :)

Thank you for all your input. We're looking forward to developing for XF, and your opinions (positive and negative) have been more than helpful, as every community has different needs and preferences. As we begin to move forward, we will keep all of your suggestions in mind.

It would be nice if someone could think outside of the box on an xF skin :). Make it unique and something that stands out from the crowd. Nice thought but imaginations are rare these days.

It would be nice if someone could think outside of the box on an xF skin :). Make it unique and something that stands out from the crowd. Nice thought but imaginations are rare these days.
You have to balance uniqueness with usability for a successful style.

Otherwise you come out with something that might look good, but is a nightmare as far as your users are concerned.

You have to balance uniqueness with usability for a successful style.

Otherwise you come out with something that might look good, but is a nightmare as far as your users are concerned.
Well said.

Using Themesinc styles as an example, I have them all, and they look good, but at the end of the day, when I loaded them up for users, they're simply too busy, too clunky and cluttered for what users wanted, especially changing from the default XF theme to such a theme. The xenomorph framework is awesome... but my users want clean, intuitive styles, not heavy, image cumbersome pages loading. They want lots of space between things, so one area isn't crossing over with another when reading or traversing the site.

The styles lasted a few days... uproar said remove them immediately...

Top Bottom