TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Luke, I can't get the new smilie system to work.. I have no outdated templates, I even tried uninstalling and installing again from scratch, but I still see the old smilie system. Any ideas?

Luke, I can't get the new smilie system to work.. I have no outdated templates, I even tried uninstalling and installing again from scratch, but I still see the old smilie system. Any ideas?

Can you PM me admin CP details to take a look?

@Luke Foreman - When archiving the shoutbox conversations, wouldn't it be nice if instead of everything getting dumped in a post; each message is posted by it's owner? Upon archive, the thread will have equal number of messages as in the chat session during that day!

@Luke Foreman - Something nice to see with this plugin would be when banning a user, there's a notice in the shoutbox saying "[SYSTEM] The user "John" was banned from the shoutbox." and it'll automatically clear all of their shouts. This was done on an old plugin called xFShout and it'd be cool to see it here. Also, when you unban, you have to manually go into the User Permissions and add it back for them. Is there a possibility we can just have /unban <user>?

We'd like to use this essentially as a chat-room to support regular events that we have. Specifically, we have a teleconference based discussion group every Tuesday night and a drop-in chat room every Saturday. Our current solution, 123flashchat, is feeling rather bloated and isn't integrated with XenForo.

Taigachat is looking like it might fit the bill if it allows guest access well. Based on the following screenshot, from another thread on this site, I'm assuming it does:
eexb-png.5305
If it does, how does it handle usernames when there are multiple guests using the box at the same time? Do both guests show up simply as "guest"? This could lead to a lot of confusion if there are a lot of them, and people generally aren't willing to create an account during an event.

That's too bad. I was hoping for something like PHPFreeChat has, where it assigns each guest a random username such as 'guest123' based presumably on their IP number.

I just bought it, but when I'm trying to install it I'm getting:

Server Error
mkdir(): Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 72
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 117
  4. Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Option/Motd.php at line 10
  5. Dark_TaigaChat_Option_Motd::verifyOption()
  6. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 346
  7. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 211
  8. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
  9. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  10. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
  11. XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
  12. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
  13. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  14. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gameblade/domains/gameblade.net/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I just bought it, but when I'm trying to install it I'm getting:

Server Error
mkdir(): Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 72
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 117
  4. Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Option/Motd.php at line 10
  5. Dark_TaigaChat_Option_Motd::verifyOption()
  6. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 346
  7. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 211
  8. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
  9. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  10. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
  11. XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
  12. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
  13. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  14. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gameblade/domains/gameblade.net/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Make sure your 'data' folder is writeable (e.g. chmod 777)

How long will it take to fix this, I installed the free mod on a clients site and the smiley and editor images are missing.
It looks like reply was from a year ago. :|

Is still still being supported?

Thanks

The bug was fixed in TaigaChat Pro 1.2.0 (about a year ago) - the free version is unsupported

That could happen if the messages beyond the 27 that appeared were not from the current day. Pruning only archives messages from the past 24 hours, as it is assumed that messages from any previous days have already been archived by the daily cleanup cron

Ah ok, thanks, I see now, I dont have a daily archive enabled, I prefer to let the shout run and prune when needed, could we have an option for when prune, if daily archive is not enabled, all shouts (within the max limit set in ACP) are pruned and sent to the prune/archive thread no matter the day?

Last edited:
Hi Luke,

I've installed the chat and it is working a treat, thank you. There is one issue. Can you help?

Users cannot change the font color and it's returning these types of errors in the server log:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Undefined class constant 'OPTION_LOG_CHANGES' - library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php:433
Generated By: britC, Today at 3:47 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(70) "http://www.mywebsite.com/messageforum/taigachat/save-color.json"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["insert"] => string(5) "Apply"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(22) "/messageforum/chatbox/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"

For those that couldn't get the smilies to work after updating to 1.2.2, clear the CDN cache if you are using CDN.
You'll need to purge taigachat.js and it will be good to go.

Two question that have probably been answered given that there are 80pages of discussion here. But damned if I can find them, so I'll ask again.

1) how do I change the title of the "Shoutbox" (ie. replace "Shoutbox" with "Chat") when it's located in the sidebar as a widget?

chat2.webp

2) Somewhere I turned-off full page chat viewing, but the Shotbox title still links to that page, which is now blank. (i) Can I change the Shoutbox title so that it no longer links to the full page view? Or (ii) where do I all the full page view, as I can't find the setting again :(

Two question that have probably been answered given that there are 80pages of discussion here. But damned if I can find them, so I'll ask again.

1) how do I change the title of the "Shoutbox" (ie. replace "Shoutbox" with "Chat") when it's located in the sidebar as a widget?

View attachment 78308

2) Somewhere I turned-off full page chat viewing, but the Shotbox title still links to that page, which is now blank. (i) Can I change the Shoutbox title so that it no longer links to the full page view? Or (ii) where do I all the full page view, as I can't find the setting again :(

I'm sure "Shoutbox" can either be changed in the templates or phrases.

This is my modification: http://d.pr/i/sITc

tommydamic68 said:
Can this be changed to reflect my own phrase and "not" be a clickable link?
You can remove the link by editing the template, and the phrase is dark_shoutbox
Which template, and what variable within that template must I change to remove the clickable link to the "Shoutbox" label at the top of the chat window?

Top Bottom