• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could delete shouts, but got the error message page "XF encountered an error" each time I did, when I went back to the shoutbox the shout had been deleted though.

Also it seems, can't have the dropdown on the full page display only now? It's all or nothing :(.

Could you post the error from your error log?

Also just realised about that bug - I'll have a fix out for it tomorrow.

Dark, I have the admin setting checked where admins can delete/edit all shouts. But that arrow is not next to everyone else's message, only my own.

One thing I noticed while testing, is that the permissions seem to take a couple of minutes to change (some sort of caching going on there). If it still hasn't changed, you could try changing it to deny and back again.

Embedded YouTube videos hide the message tool overlay which means you can't edit or delete the message.

Embedded YouTube videos hide the message tool overlay which means you can't edit or delete message.

That'll be XenForo not setting the wmode right probably - I believe this has been reported as a bug and will hopefully be fixed in beta 3.

Also I've been thinking of moving the dropdown over to the left of the timestamp, which should hopefully work as a temporary solution.

I'd just like to express my thanks to Darkimmortal for creating what will no doubt be a very popular add-on.

I definitely wouldn't be able to switch without chat so this is a major step towards switching to XF for me :)

I just need Mike and Kier to create a phpBB importer now :D

One thing I noticed while testing, is that the permissions seem to take a couple of minutes to change (some sort of caching going on there). If it still hasn't changed, you could try changing it to deny and back again.
It's been a couple of hours now, and nothing. I'll change it to deny and back again, see if that does anything.

EDIT: ok I did what you suggested and nothing changed. I still can't edit/delete anyone's shout message other than my own. :)

i'm use nginx - php5.3 - php-fpm on gentoo don't work.

It's been a couple of hours now, and nothing. I'll change it to deny and back again, see if that does anything.

EDIT: ok I did what you suggested and nothing changed. I still can't edit/delete anyone's shout message other than my own. :)
Weird, it seem fine on my end. Did you upgrade addon_TaigaChat.xml file as well?

This thing is awesome... an excellent solution in lieu until Flashchat is available as a full chat... though even then, may still keep this around if its keeps users amused.

Nice work DI

This thing is awesome... an excellent solution in lieu until Flashchat is available as a full chat... though even then, may still keep this around if its keeps users amused.

Nice work DI
I've used Flashchat on my forums before and like it. However, I like this even better. It's a small out-of-the-way chatbox that members can use while still keeping their focus on the forum. Love love love it!

Weird, it seem fine on my end. Did you upgrade addon_TaigaChat.xml file as well?
No I didn't. Dark posted that there were no changes in the xml file and we only needed to upload the List.php file.

My bad - fixed in 0.1.2 (which I've just released) :)

To update from 0.1.1, simply upload the attached file over /library/Dark/TaigaChat/ViewPublic/TaigaChat/List.php - there's no changes (other than version number) to the XML.

Dark I hate to keep bothering you with this, but Admins are still not able to edit/delete others' posts in the shoutbox. At least not on my site.
I've upgraded, fiddled with the settings, etc. Still can see only the arrow for my own posts, no one else's.
http://www.forum.onebuzymama.com/

Any ideas?

Dark I hate to keep bothering you with this, but Admins are still not able to edit/delete others' posts in the shoutbox. At least not on my site.
I've upgraded, fiddled with the settings, etc. Still can see only the arrow for my own posts, no one else's.
http://www.forum.onebuzymama.com/

Any ideas?

I'll double check the way permissions are implemented matches how XenForo itself normally does it for the next release :)

0.1.3 released :)

0.1.3 (01/11/2010):
  • Moved Message Tools dropdown to the left of the message timestamps.
  • Fixed 'Always show message tools dropdown' option, which previously also overrode full view.
  • Reimplemented permissions using built-in helper methods.

This is a full update so you will need to update both the XML and the files.

i'm use nginx - php5.3 - php-fpm on gentoo don't work.

503 will be down to your server - as I said I'm on the exact same setup (apart from Gentoo, I run Fedora) with no issues. You might need to fiddle with your fastcgi config along with stuff like cgi.fix_pathinfo. Also there should be at least something in your PHP and/or nginx logs.

These updates are rolling out fast :D

When are the BB Code buttons and smilies making an appearance?

These updates are rolling out fast :D

When are the BB Code buttons and smilies making an appearance?

They aren't really a priority to be honest, given that XenForo has no editor toolbar other than TinyMCE (that I'm aware of anyway), so I would be working from scratch :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom