• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't really a priority to be honest, given that XenForo has no editor toolbar other than TinyMCE (that I'm aware of anyway), so I would be working from scratch :(
That's a shame as currently entering BB Code manually is a pain, as is trying to remember the smilie codes.

How are you setting the permissions exactly? Individually or through usergroups?
You know what, before I read this, I did go in and look at my permissions... I have NO idea how, but for some reason I had Registered as my primary usergroup and Administrator as the secondary. NO idea how that happened. So I made admin as my primary, and waa laa... everything's working!

Thanks for your patience dear. :)

You know what, before I read this, I did go in and look at my permissions... I have NO idea how, but for some reason I had Registered as my primary usergroup and Administrator as the secondary. NO idea how that happened. So I made admin as my primary, and waa laa... everything's working!

Thanks for your patience dear. :)
Ouch. :D

Upgraded. Looks great! Except that I still can't edit/delete anyones' shouts except for my own.
Is your usergroup set to admin, or set to primary registered, and additional admin? It installs default that way, and I found its wrong to do that, as the primary permissions are needed in many areas where the secondary permissions aren't over-riding the primary when it comes to node permissions and control.

men...
bleh-1.gif

Is your usergroup set to admin, or set to primary registered, and additional admin? It installs default that way, and I found its wrong to do that, as the primary permissions are needed in many areas where the secondary permissions aren't over-riding the primary when it comes to node permissions and control.
It's all fixed now sweetie. Even tho I set everyone's permissions correctly in beta 1 (i.e. admins were in primary administrator usergroup), for some reason when I upgraded to beta 2, admins were moved to the registered usergroup and assigned administrators as a secondary usergroup. Very odd that this should happen, but happen it did.
This is why the shoutbox wasn't working right. I wouldn't have thought to check the usergroups, because I knew they were correct in beta 1. *shrugs*

All is well now.

I cant even get it to show anywhere on my testboard...

Checked and double checked everything.. zilch , nada , sqwat...

I get a navbar button upon clicking it opens a new window , but refuses to show on side or at top...

Hmmm...

Regards..

If I wanted the url to appear as mydomain.com/chat instead of mydomain.com/taigachat/ what files would i need to edit?

Is this possible?

I really love this addon. Still playing with it in my test area but very well put together. :)

Working well so far :)

Changed the references to "Shoutbox" in phrases to "Water Cooler" ;)

Anyone have the above/below forums option installed? Just looking to compare :)

I cant even get it to show anywhere on my testboard...

Checked and double checked everything.. zilch , nada , sqwat...

I get a navbar button upon clicking it opens a new window , but refuses to show on side or at top...

Hmmm...

Regards..
Did you place this code
Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat" />
in the forum_list template?

@ Peggy... " Yes, I had done that "

@ Anthony Parsons.. " Thats where I had put it during one of the many attempts to get it to show "

Got up early this morning to have another go at it & for some reason it was there and working on the sidebar..

That must be some real cache lag for that delay , not that I am complaining at least its working now..

Thanks for replying and offering help though Peggy & Anthony.. Great.

Regards..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom