• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted the url to appear as mydomain.com/chat instead of mydomain.com/taigachat/ what files would i need to edit?

Is this possible?

I really love this addon. Still playing with it in my test area but very well put together. :)

You would need to edit the route and Route/Prefix/TaigaChat.php

Good. Does it need database modification?

Yes but it is both done and undone automatically, and does not affect any existing tables.

Hi, i have uploaded the contents of the upload file to the forum root but am unsure what to do with the xml file. Where do i upload it to? Sorry im pretty new to all this and haven't worked out how to install add-ons properly yet.

Hey Darkimimortal, One question or possible feature suggestion if it's possible. :)

Can we have an option to pop out this shoutbox into it's own window? My staff and I were using it and we kept leaving the shoutbox to go find things we wanted to change and talk about and then coming back to the shoutbox, and the idea hit that if this could be popped out somehow, then people could chat and continue to use the site.

I don't know if it's possible, hard to do or what but I figured I would ask. :)

Thanks!
Jamie

Hi, i have uploaded the contents of the upload file to the forum root but am unsure what to do with the xml file. Where do i upload it to? Sorry im pretty new to all this and haven't worked out how to install add-ons properly yet.

Log in to your ACP. Then on that first page, you'll see "Install Add-on" in the left menu list. Click on that. On the next page, click on the browse button, find the XML file on your computer, then click the Install Add-On button.

Hey Darkimimortal, One question or possible feature suggestion if it's possible. :)

Can we have an option to pop out this shoutbox into it's own window? My staff and I were using it and we kept leaving the shoutbox to go find things we wanted to change and talk about and then coming back to the shoutbox, and the idea hit that if this could be popped out somehow, then people could chat and continue to use the site.

I don't know if it's possible, hard to do or what but I figured I would ask. :)

Thanks!
Jamie

That's a really good idea actually - plus it would give the navbar dropdown menu some use until I write an archive page :)

Install. Thank you.

Can I configure when click the SHOUTBOX tab, it open a new browser window?

Log in to your ACP. Then on that first page, you'll see "Install Add-on" in the left menu list. Click on that. On the next page, click on the browse button, find the XML file on your computer, then click the Install Add-On button.

Hi peggy thanks for your reply, when i do this i get this message "A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Hi again peggy sorry, i noticed this in server error logs
SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='simplexmlelement.--construct'>simplexmlelement.--construct</a>]: /tmp/phpG2IrTw:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '&lt;' not foundlibrary/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php:158Oct 13, 2010

could this be why its not working for me?

SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='simplexmlelement.--construct'>simplexmlelement.--construct</a>]: /tmp/phpG2IrTw:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '&lt;' not foundlibrary/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php:158Oct 13, 2010

I have no idea DAV. You'll have to wait for a tech-type person to help you with that.

It would appear the XML file is getting corrupted during transfer - try installing it via ftp rather than http upload.

Hi Darkimmortal, where do i upload the file to. sorry im quite new to this

Thanks for replying

Upload it anywhere, then type the path in 'Install from file on server:' rather than using 'Install from uploaded file:'.

Upload it anywhere, then type the path in 'Install from file on server:' rather than using 'Install from uploaded file:'.

Hi Darkimmortal,

Iv just tried this and i get the message "A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Is there any other way to stop the xml file getting corrupted during transfer?

Thanks

If your using a good reliable FTP program like LeapFTP or CoreFTP or similar it should give you an option to choose the upload methods.

Normally they are Auto , Ascii or Binary...

Try uploading in Binary mode , that should cure the problem...

If not try downloading the whole package again and try uploading the new XML file , as it maybe faulty..

Regards...

Hi Darkimmortal,

Iv just tried this and i get the message "A server error occurred. Please try again later."

Is there any other way to stop the xml file getting corrupted during transfer?

Thanks

Could you on debug mode and post the error please?

Could you on debug mode and post the error please?

Hi is this the error you mean?

Server Error

call_user_func(Dark_TaigaChat_Install::install) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback
  1. [*]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
    [*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 159
    [*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
    [*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sites/houseboundforums.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom