• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad - fixed in 0.1.2 (which I've just released) :)

To update from 0.1.1, simply upload the attached file over /library/Dark/TaigaChat/ViewPublic/TaigaChat/List.php - there's no changes (other than version number) to the XML.

Attachments

I have to say this is superb work.
However...:D

If there is some way you could make the chat listing neater it would be great.
Right now, as the timestamps change from single digits to double digits, it obviously pushes the chat content over so everything isn't nicely aligned.

I wonder if there is some way you could have a fixed width for the username and timestamp and then all the chats would start in their own column?

Additionally, the timestamp itself takes up a fair bit of horizontal space (in the full view) so an option to turn that off would be great :)

Congrat for release :)
Added alternative template code, suitable for inclusion above or below the forum list.
No possible include with hack options (AdminCP), a selector for example ?

URLs are not being parsed now.

I just entered this and it appeared as plain text:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZusjtCbfg&feature=player_embedded

Yep, just tried it and get the same as Brogan, tried changing all the image display and bb code parser options too.

**EDIT** Oops sorry, you'd already updated while I was slowly typing the above :o

I have to say this is superb work.
However...:D

If there is some way you could make the chat listing neater it would be great.
Right now, as the timestamps change from single digits to double digits, it obviously pushes the chat content over so everything isn't nicely aligned.

I wonder if there is some way you could have a fixed width for the username and timestamp and then all the chats would start in their own column?

Additionally, the timestamp itself takes up a fair bit of horizontal space (in the full view) so an option to turn that off would be great :)

The varying lengths of usernames and timestamps are a lot less prominent once you get a bunch of different users posting. But I'll certainly look into fixed width columns along with adding an option to disable timestamps for the next release :)

Congrat for release :)

No possible include with hack options (AdminCP), a selector for example ?

You'd have to add the template code either way ;)

I'm not really willing to do any automatic template editing, especially in a commonly edited template like forum_list.

The varying lengths of usernames and timestamps are a lot less prominent once you get a bunch of different users posting. But I'll certainly look into fixed width columns along with adding an option to disable timestamps for the next release :)

I'd be quite happy to just have the timestamp/username on one line with the actual shout below it all the time :).

On the menu bar tab, I think you need to remove the Quick Links code as there is only 1 link which is the chat page.
The tab should just be a single click tab with no arrow.

Are you able to set it so it only shows the scrollbars if needed, not all the time?

It may be just me, but I think it looks better with the disabled scrollbar :p

On the menu bar tab, I think you need to remove the Quick Links code as there is only 1 link which is the chat page.
The tab should just be a single click tab with no arrow.

I tried to get it like that, but ended up with the lower submenu bar thingy disappearing while on the full shoutbox :/

Maybe more links will be add in the future releases?

Yup, I'm planning a chat archive for an upcoming release :)

I can't seem to get the permission to delete other messages despite having it set to Allow explicitly :confused:

It may be just me, but I think it looks better with the disabled scrollbar :p

LOL, I just hate having scrollbars when they're not needed ... but that's just me, suppose I can live with it like that ;)

I can't seem to get the permission to delete other messages despite having it set to Allow explicitly :confused:

I could delete shouts, but got the error message page "XF encountered an error" each time I did, when I went back to the shoutbox the shout had been deleted though.

Also it seems, can't have the dropdown on the full page display only now? It's all or nothing :(.

Dark, I have the admin setting checked where admins can delete/edit all shouts. But that arrow is not next to everyone else's message, only my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom