• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to add a function to determine where the shout be appears, as above and below the forums.

That's all controllable in the templates. If you want a full-width chatbox on the forum index you should be able to get away with editing the dark_taigachat template, swapping id="taigachat_sidebar" for id="taigachat_full" and then editing dark_taigachat.css to reduce the height of #taigachat_full #taigachat_box. Then simply move the include line for dark_taigachat to somewhere above/below the forum list. Keep in mind I haven't tested that ;)

For guest, same if i give permission to see and posted, the guest can only see, not posted.

That's all controllable in the templates. If you want a full-width chatbox on the forum index you should be able to get away with editing the dark_taigachat template, swapping id="taigachat_sidebar" for id="taigachat_full" and then editing dark_taigachat.css to reduce the height of #taigachat_full #taigachat_box. Then simply move the include line for dark_taigachat to somewhere above/below the forum list. Keep in mind I haven't tested that ;)
Yes, but there are any problem to form (no 100% fluid)

For guest, same if i give permission to see and posted, the guest can only see, not posted.

Guest posting is untested - will add that to my growing list of things to do for the next release :)

Yes, but there are any problem to form (no 100% fluid)

Again it's just a matter of fiddling with the CSS. You may need to edit the widths of #taigachat_full #taigachat_message and #taigachat_full #taigachat_box

Also I've just realised all the stuff I've been telling you to do will break the normal full size shoutbox, so if you want that to work, copy the block of selectors beginning #taigachat_full at the bottom of dark_taigachat.css and change the ID to something else both in the copied selectors and the dark_taigachat template.

Nice chatbox, thanks!

However, personally, I'd like to have it horizontally above the forumlisting and underneath the board title, rather than the sidebar. This is both because I'm used to that, and because my sidebar is actually getting rather full already. Could something like this be possible? Thanks!

Nice chatbox, thanks!

However, personally, I'd like to have it horizontally above the forumlisting and underneath the board title, rather than the sidebar. This is both because I'm used to that, and because my sidebar is actually getting rather full already. Could something like this be possible? Thanks!

I'll be adding an alternative template you can include instead of the sidebar one for a full width shoutbox above/below the forum list in a later version. :)

I would have to agree. I like the simplicity of this shoutbox, and hope it doesn't get loaded down with too many functions.
Well it already parses all BB Code so all it will do is make it easier for people to use it, instead of having to manually enter tags.

I would have to agree. I like the simplicity of this shoutbox, and hope it doesn't get loaded down with too many functions.

Well, I think people have different opinions on what they wish to have on their forum - so instead of the developer saying what should and shouldn't be in the software, the developer should provide a wide array of options for people to turn on/off certain features they do and don't want.

@Darkimmortal: Will install this add-on within the new few versions when a few of the discussed options/suggestions within this thread have made it into a release. Awesome work so far, though ;)!

Well, I think people have different opinions on what they wish to have on their forum - so instead of the developer saying what should and shouldn't be in the software, the developer should provide a wide array of options for people to turn on/off certain features they do and don't want.

Although I understand what you're saying I don't agree with it. I think keeping it simple falls right in line with xenforo itself. It's an amazing forum software that has little bloat.

IPB has given the Admin every option almost known to man and there are toggles to cut them on and off, but it's overwhelming and 'heavy'.

It's one of the reasons I will be switching my live site from IPB to xF when it goes Stable because of it's lack of a wide array of options...

Instead of Developers providing a wide array of options, I think they should provide a nice ground work for others to build off of if they need more than is offered but it's just my opinion..

Jamie

I'll be adding an alternative template you can include instead of the sidebar one for a full width shoutbox above/below the forum list in a later version. :)

I am SO happy to hear this, as that's what we'll need. This shoutbox is turning out to be quite an excellent one, and I thank you for your work on it.

Although I understand what you're saying I don't agree with it. I think keeping it simple falls right in line with xenforo itself. It's an amazing forum software that has little bloat.

IPB has given the Admin every option almost known to man and there are toggles to cut them on and off, but it's overwhelming and 'heavy'.

It's one of the reasons I will be switching my live site from IPB to xF when it goes Stable because of it's lack of a wide array of options...

Instead of Developers providing a wide array of options, I think they should provide a nice ground work for others to build off of if they need more than is offered but it's just my opinion..

Jamie

I can see where you're coming from but I think XenForo (the forum software) and add-ons have a totally separate entity.

XenForo should always remain basic to the core but I think add-ons should support a wide-array of options (sensible options, not every option 'known to man') to give people the flexibility and room for customisation.

I think in not doing so we would see a lot of clones of add-ons, each of them supporting different features and options and in my opinion it would all get a little cluttered to see multiple add-ons doing the same function.

+ I <3 people discussing their opinions in a decent manner :).

Ultimately, it's completely up to the coder what he wants to add to his add-on.If he wants to add suggestions, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too. Eventually someone will come along with all the bells 'n' whistles some seem to want.

:)

Yes, please leave it simple. For example my users do not use any bbcode in chat at all. This is meant to be just shoutbox for short messages, you can have colour, different fonts, bold, underline etc. in forum discussion but please do not add zylions of features to this shoutbox or if you do please make it easy to disable them in ACP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom