• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have it running on my test site and me and my staff have been using it to discuss the new site's layout, changes etc.. before the launch! It's working great!

Jamie

Well it would naturally add a significant amount of load, but then again so does any AJAX-powered shoutbox.
is it possible to make it refresh - only if someone posted new messages otherwise not ?
i can't wait for the horizontal shoutbox
Thank you

0.1.1 released :)

0.1.1 (31/10/2010):
  • Added alternative template code, suitable for inclusion above or below the forum list.
  • Added extra image display modes: Zoom and Thumbnail Zoom (the latter being the new default), both based on XenForo's click to expand system.
  • Added configurable BBCode parsing levels: Full (old behaviour), Basic (the new default; img, url, b, i, u, s, color) and None (url only).
  • Added height setting to the admin options.
  • Guest posting is now supported (with the appropriate permissions). Auto refresh will also apply for guests if they have permission to post.
  • Reorganised admin options page.
  • Added option (default off) for message tools to be displayed on the sidebar/alt view.
  • The Shoutbox tab is no longer shown to people who do not have the view permission.
  • Combined most of the dark_taigachat and dark_taigachat_full templates into a single template.
  • Javascript optimisation: no fading effect if 3 or more messages are being added at once.
  • Fixed Delete button on the Edit form not refreshing the page while in overlay mode.

tl;dr: zlca.webp em5_.webp

Holy cow you are fast. You're going to spoil us for every other coder, lol.

Question, if I am happy with the way it's working now, is there any reason why I must update it?

Holy cow you are fast. You're going to spoil us for every other coder, lol.

Question, if I am happy with the way it's working now, is there any reason why I must update it?

Several bugfixes/improvements, plus the thumbnail zoom image display mode (new default) is pretty cool :)

If anyone just downloaded the latest 0.1.1 zip, apologies, but I forgot to update the contents before uploading it :P

Should be fine now :)

I was wondering... :P I was looking at it going.. hey I am missing something here...

no worries though.. easy enough to upgrade it again. Thanks for all your hard work!

Jamie

URLs are not being parsed now.

I just entered this and it appeared as plain text:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZusjtCbfg&feature=player_embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom