XF 1.5 Tags created on private threads show up on Search Tags page

jauburn

Tags created on threads in private boards (or moderator-only boards) show up on the Search Tags page.

Not sure whether this should be considered a bug, but I would think thread visibility settings should also apply to the tags associated with those threads.

Use case example (fictitious, but plausible): a moderator creates a tag called "annoying users" for all threads that deal with troublesome users. Naturally no one would want normal users to find that tag on the Search Tags page, but with the current situation, one would.

Last edited:
Are these tags visible to standard members and/or guests? I'd expect to see all tags on the search tags page if I have permission to see the threads these tags are attached to.

A link to your search tags page and some of these private tags would help.

Tags themselves are not private and permission restricted. The content a tag is attached to is permission controlled though.

This is really expected and effectively impossible to change in the way you're asking.

Are these tags visible to standard members and/or guests? I'd expect to see all tags on the search tags page if I have permission to see the threads these tags are attached to.

A link to your search tags page and some of these private tags would help.

The tags are visible to normal members, even though the tags themselves were attached to threads in a private forum (only). So users can see all tags.

Top Bottom