Duplicate Tagging non-members

pgb

LOVE the tagging feature - been waiting for that since the gallery was first launched. One way to improve it is to allow users to tag non-forum members. I have a need in my community to identify people in very old photos. Some of them are no longer alive, so it would be hard to get them to register. :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
LOVE the tagging feature - been waiting for that since the gallery was first launched. One way to improve it is to allow users to tag non-forum members. I have a need in my community to identify people in very old photos. Some of them are no longer alive, so it would be hard to get them to register. :)
So it'd list them but wouldn't link to the profile (since they obviously don't have a profile)?

No... wouldn't need a pre-populated list - we don't know the names of these people, so we wouldn't be able to do that. I'm suggesting changing "tag someone" to "tag a member" (no change to that functionality) and then have an additional free text field where you can tag a non-member (or a pet, a place on a map, etc.). Admins, moderators, image owners could delete the tag if necessary. It could actually have many uses...

Thoughts?

Top Bottom