Fixed @tagging doesn't require exact match

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
See:

Screen Shot 2013-06-03 at 12.41.20 PM.webp

"Doesn't" is clearly a word, but it tags "Mike D", instead of "Mike". Not sure if / what can be done, just tossing it in here for Mike to see.

Am I allowed to add that using Firefox, clicking on a member in the pop-up panel of matching member names doesn't put their name in the redactor text area? However, pressing Enter does.
That's counter intuitive. I expected that clicking the members' name would place it in the text. But it just closes the popup.

Am I allowed to add that using Firefox, clicking on a member in the pop-up panel of matching member names doesn't put their name in the redactor text area? However, pressing Enter does.
That's counter intuitive. I expected that clicking the members' name would place it in the text. But it just closes the popup.
I have firefox, and I can see the dropdown and do what you're asking.

EDIT: @Carlos Yep.

While the obvious fix for this is to stop matching tags that end between word boundaries, it would also be worth prioritising members with higher post counts or some similar metric of activity when matching. And possibly don't match members with 0 posts when they share a prefix with another member (or at all?), as in this case.

While the obvious fix for this is to stop matching tags that end between word boundaries, it would also be worth prioritising members with higher post counts or some similar metric of activity when matching. And possibly don't match members with 0 posts when they share a prefix with another member (or at all?), as in this case.

In that instance, @Luke Foreman, the comma I placed next to "Foreman" would cause it to not tag.

Fixed, will be rolled out shortly. Just need to make sure that the character after the matched username is a "break character".

I'm just not sure if this is enough, as I mentioned above there's possibly going to be instances where a user's name consists of 2 words where the first word matches another user's name. If I'm not mistaken, currently the first user (ie the user with 2 words in their name) will always be picked. In my opinion a better approach would be to select between the two users based on post count or other activity metric.

All our members use their full names, at the moment this isn't working right for me.

If I start typing a common name like john (which for us would bring up a lot) when I put in the space and start typing the second name you see who it is you want so you click their name. Clicking their name though does not work sometimes and it just puts in a john a without the right alert.

on this site try typing
@John a
then clicking on john andrews, i get nothing but the above, it works for john Adams sometimes though?

Top Bottom