1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed @tagging doesn't require exact match

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Jeremy, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Screen Shot 2013-06-03 at 12.41.20 PM.png

"Doesn't" is clearly a word, but it tags "Mike D", instead of "Mike". Not sure if / what can be done, just tossing it in here for Mike to see.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Jeremy

I mentioned it tagging "Mike D". ;) Should be an exact match. Wonder if he got an alert, since I've yet to receive an alert for a tag...
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

5. Jeremy

6. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

Am I allowed to add that using Firefox, clicking on a member in the pop-up panel of matching member names doesn't put their name in the redactor text area? However, pressing Enter does.
    That's counter intuitive. I expected that clicking the members' name would place it in the text. But it just closes the popup.
  7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I have firefox, and I can see the dropdown and do what you're asking.

EDIT: @Carlos Yep.
  8. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

While the obvious fix for this is to stop matching tags that end between word boundaries, it would also be worth prioritising members with higher post counts or some similar metric of activity when matching. And possibly don't match members with 0 posts when they share a prefix with another member (or at all?), as in this case.
    The Forum Heroes likes this.
  9. Jeremy

In that instance, @Luke Foreman, the comma I placed next to "Foreman" would cause it to not tag.
  10. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I think this is based on code. But it will output the tag once you make [submit] the post.
  11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed, will be rolled out shortly. Just need to make sure that the character after the matched username is a "break character".
    ibnesayeed and Jeremy like this.
  12. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Does it include non-Latin break characters as well? :)
  13. mauzao9

mauzao9 Well-Known Member

By the rhythm @Mike is fixing bugs Xenforo 1.2 is out tomorrow. :)
  14. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

I'm just not sure if this is enough, as I mentioned above there's possibly going to be instances where a user's name consists of 2 words where the first word matches another user's name. If I'm not mistaken, currently the first user (ie the user with 2 words in their name) will always be picked. In my opinion a better approach would be to select between the two users based on post count or other activity metric.
    Mark3121 and mauzao9 like this.
  15. Jeremy

Luke F likes this.
  16. Mark3121

Mark3121 Well-Known Member

All our members use their full names, at the moment this isn't working right for me.

If I start typing a common name like john (which for us would bring up a lot) when I put in the space and start typing the second name you see who it is you want so you click their name. Clicking their name though does not work sometimes and it just puts in a john a without the right alert.

on this site try typing
    @John a
    then clicking on john andrews, i get nothing but the above, it works for john Adams sometimes though?
  17. Jeremy