1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tag Essentials [Paid] 1.8.5

Adds key features to make tags better on your site.

1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

Tag Essentials - Adds key features to make tags better on your site. Read more at http://xenmods.com/products/tag-es

Read more about this resource...

Daniel-SP likes this.
  2. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

Awesome release ! Straight to my future purchase list.

Idk if it makes any scope with this addon but you could add an option on prefixes details to add them as tags if used. (Part of Tag Suggestions maybe)

Daniel Hood likes this.
  3. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Your resource tagline has been snipped off at the URL...

Liam

4. Daniel Hood

Glad you find it interesting. That prefix thing is an interesting idea.

Thanks. Fixed. Didn't even notice or mean for that to be there.

5. Daniel Hood

Happy to see that there haven't been any bugs reported yet.

There are a couple new features coming to Beta 3 which are already live on www.XenMods.com.
    • Another new tab on the tag view page which displays the top users of that tab: http://www.xenmods.com/tags/xenmods/top-users
    • For RSS Feed Imports, you can set for the threads created to have tag(s) automatically assigned at the same time (each one will have the same set of tags).

6. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood updated Tag Essentials with a new update entry:

Beta 3

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Daniel Hood

Upcoming features:
    • Hovering over a tag will display a snippet of the wiki information (if applicable) along with links to view recent content, more info, and the top users inside of a popup similar to previewing threads.
    • The ability for users to watch tags.
    • User criteria for minimum number of tag uses (useful for things such as trophies).

adwade and Stuart Wright like this.
  8. Daniel Hood

I've updated the resource overview with live examples of the features from http://www.avforums.com.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  9. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

The first link shows a 404 error.

Daniel Hood likes this.
  10. Daniel Hood

Thanks. Somehow the first word of the next sentence ended up as part of the link. Fixed it.

11. Daniel Hood

Release Candidate

12. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

Is possible to add the keywords as meta keywords for threads automatically if threads contains the keyword?

Thanks.

13. Daniel Hood

I'm not completely sure what you're referring to. If you're saying you want tags as schema.org meta keywords, then they are. If you're saying you want words from the first post to be added as tags automatically, it does not currently do that. It does add words from the title that already exist as tags, as tags though.

14. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

I think he means add the tags as META keywords in the header.
    Search engines ignore the keywords meta, so there is no point.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  15. Daniel Hood

16. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

Amazing aditions. I'm buying this asap :)

Daniel Hood likes this.
  17. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

I might buy this add on next month when my payment arrive :)
    Just to be sure:
    • If I add similiar tags in ACP, when user add similiar tag, that tag will be automatically converted to canonical tag?
      If canonical tag is computer, and similiar are computers, comp, IBM, Amiga... all of them will be automatically converted to computer?

• Option for tags for nodes - I can set for each node tags that will be set it automatically upon thread created in that node or they are just suggestions (not seted if user do not confirm them)?

• Each forum can have their own set of default tags - question same like above

• Widget Tag cloud - possible?

Daniel Hood likes this.
  18. Daniel Hood

That is correct :)

So is this :). When you set the tags in the admin end, on the thread creation page the user is prompted with those tags already in the box. They can then remove them if they want, or add to them, or leave just those tags.

Yes, it's a setting for each node.

This is likely to be in version 1.1.0. I already have a widget created, it's a part of my widget extension package. I'm planning to copy it over though.

Sunka likes this.
  19. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Just installed (Thanks, super fast delivery timeframe!) A few questions ...
    • /tags/thread-tags/ is a 404 for me (/tags/ works fine) - have I missed some configuration?
    • I cannot see where to edit tag wiki entries? I've given myself both user group permissions (can watch, edit wiki)
    • Where is the ACP "Link that opens a modal with the similar tags and the ability to add more."?
    • "You can set tags for nodes". Do child node threads created also inherit the default tag(s) assigned on a parent node?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  20. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Can the top users tab be deactivated?

Suggestions:
    1. Tag categories.
      For example: we could make the tag '4k UHD' a child of the tag 'video quality' and 'video'. The page for '4k UHD' would display: 'Categories: video quality, video'
    2. Filter by content type. Show tabs for 4k UHD media, 4k UHD resources, etc.
      This is great for usability and SEO.
    3. Vaultwiki integration. Insert Vaultwiki into the wiki part. It has XF tags integration and has an easy way to insert wikis.