Tag Essentials [Deleted]

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

Tag Essentials - Adds key features to make tags better on your site. Read more at http://xenmods.com/products/tag-es

Canonical/Similar Tags

View attachment 116583 View attachment 116582 View attachment 116584
  • Functionality to build a list of parent (canonical) tags with their children (similar) tags. This will auto convert the similar tags to the canonical tag when one (or more) is used.
    • Admin CP
      • Page listing the canonical tags
      • Page to add/edit a canonical tag
      • Link that opens a modal with the similar tags and the ability to add more.
    • When saving...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome release ! Straight to my future purchase list.

Idk if it makes any scope with this addon but you could add an option on prefixes details to add them as tags if used. (Part of Tag Suggestions maybe)

Awesome release ! Straight to my future purchase list.

Idk if it makes any scope with this addon but you could add an option on prefixes details to add them as tags if used. (Part of Tag Suggestions maybe)
Glad you find it interesting. That prefix thing is an interesting idea.

Your resource tagline has been snipped off at the URL...

Liam
Thanks. Fixed. Didn't even notice or mean for that to be there.

Happy to see that there haven't been any bugs reported yet.

There are a couple new features coming to Beta 3 which are already live on www.XenMods.com.
  • Another new tab on the tag view page which displays the top users of that tab: http://www.xenmods.com/tags/xenmods/top-users
  • For RSS Feed Imports, you can set for the threads created to have tag(s) automatically assigned at the same time (each one will have the same set of tags).

Upcoming features:
  • Hovering over a tag will display a snippet of the wiki information (if applicable) along with links to view recent content, more info, and the top users inside of a popup similar to previewing threads.
  • The ability for users to watch tags.
  • User criteria for minimum number of tag uses (useful for things such as trophies).

I've updated the resource overview with live examples of the features from http://www.avforums.com.

Live Examples From http://www.avforums.com

Last edited:
Daniel Hood updated Tag Essentials with a new update entry:

Release Candidate

New Features

Watch Tags

• With permission (Tagess - Can Watch Tag), users are able to watch tags and receive an alert when new content is added with that tag.
Forum Default Tags
  • Each forum can have their own set of default tags. If tags are assigned, when a user creates a thread, these tags will be pre populated in tags area (they can be added to or removed). An example can be seen here: http://xenmods.com/threads/test.562/

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is possible to add the keywords as meta keywords for threads automatically if threads contains the keyword?

Thanks.

I'm not completely sure what you're referring to. If you're saying you want tags as schema.org meta keywords, then they are. If you're saying you want words from the first post to be added as tags automatically, it does not currently do that. It does add words from the title that already exist as tags, as tags though.

Is possible to add the keywords as meta keywords for threads automatically if threads contains the keyword?

Thanks.

I'm not completely sure what you're referring to. If you're saying you want tags as schema.org meta keywords, then they are. If you're saying you want words from the first post to be added as tags automatically, it does not currently do that. It does add words from the title that already exist as tags, as tags though.
I think he means add the tags as META keywords in the header.
Search engines ignore the keywords meta, so there is no point.

Last edited:
Daniel Hood updated Tag Essentials with a new update entry:

New Features
  • Batch create tags in the admin panel
  • Hovering over a tag displays a preview which includes synonyms, links to view the top users, recent content, and wiki info pages, and the tagline or wiki description.
  • Default tags for nodes
  • Default tags for prefixes (which auto populate the tags field when selected).
This add-on is now considered stable.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I might buy this add on next month when my payment arrive :)
Just to be sure:
  • If I add similiar tags in ACP, when user add similiar tag, that tag will be automatically converted to canonical tag?
    If canonical tag is computer, and similiar are computers, comp, IBM, Amiga... all of them will be automatically converted to computer?

• Option for tags for nodes - I can set for each node tags that will be set it automatically upon thread created in that node or they are just suggestions (not seted if user do not confirm them)?

• Each forum can have their own set of default tags - question same like above

• Widget Tag cloud - possible?

If I add similiar tags in ACP, when user add similiar tag, that tag will be automatically converted to canonical tag?
If canonical tag is computer, and similiar are computers, comp, IBM, Amiga... all of them will be automatically converted to computer?
That is correct :)

Option for tags for nodes - I can set for each node tags that will be set it automatically upon thread created in that node or they are just suggestions (not seted if user do not confirm them)?
So is this :). When you set the tags in the admin end, on the thread creation page the user is prompted with those tags already in the box. They can then remove them if they want, or add to them, or leave just those tags.

Each forum can have their own set of default tags - question same like above
Yes, it's a setting for each node.

Widget Tag cloud - possible?
This is likely to be in version 1.1.0. I already have a widget created, it's a part of my widget extension package. I'm planning to copy it over though.

Just installed (Thanks, super fast delivery timeframe!) A few questions ...
  • /tags/thread-tags/ is a 404 for me (/tags/ works fine) - have I missed some configuration?
  • I cannot see where to edit tag wiki entries? I've given myself both user group permissions (can watch, edit wiki)
  • Where is the ACP "Link that opens a modal with the similar tags and the ability to add more."?
  • "You can set tags for nodes". Do child node threads created also inherit the default tag(s) assigned on a parent node?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Can the top users tab be deactivated?

Suggestions:
  1. Tag categories.
    For example: we could make the tag '4k UHD' a child of the tag 'video quality' and 'video'. The page for '4k UHD' would display: 'Categories: video quality, video'
  2. Filter by content type. Show tabs for 4k UHD media, 4k UHD resources, etc.
    This is great for usability and SEO.
  3. Vaultwiki integration. Insert Vaultwiki into the wiki part. It has XF tags integration and has an easy way to insert wikis.

Top Bottom