Cannot reproduce Tab problems in google chrome

CarpCharacin

I have not tested it in firefox, but sometimes when I click a specific tab it does not take me to the tab. It just dosen't do anything. Then I have to right click and press open in new tab to go to that tab.

Can you reproduce this issue here on XenForo?

Does the issues still occur on your site with add-ons disabled and using an unedited default theme?

Can you reproduce this issue here on XenForo?

Does the issues still occur on your site with add-ons disabled and using an unedited default theme?
It dosen't occur here or on my site, but it has. It has also occurred on other sites that run XenForo that I have visited. It has also occurred when I was using a different computer.

It dosen't occur here or on my site, but it has. It has also occurred on other sites that run XenForo that I have visited. It has also occurred when I was using a different computer.
It's going to be difficult to identify this as a bug or not if it can't be reproduced easily.

Were you using the same version of Chrome on the computers?
Is it the latest version of Chrome?
PC or Mac?
Were you on the same or a different ISP?

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this. We'd need to be able to reproduce it with some consistency to be able to investigate.

I guess you've experienced this on styles that have menu dropdowns activatable on tab hover? Quite often developers make an element that controls dropdown activation (.SplitCtrl) to cover full tab width and you can't click a link behind this element. XenForo has a small delay before dropdowns activate and .SplitCtrl element is only hidden when dropdown menu is active, so you can't click a link instantly and have to wait for menu to activate. This is actually quite easy fixable with reassigning some mouseover and mouseout events, but it should be done on the style developer side. Here is a working example:

Code:
    $(document).on('DOMContentLoaded', function() {
        tabFakeHover();
    });

function tabFakeHover() {
        $('.publicTabs .PopupClosed .navLink').on('mouseover', function() {
            $self = $(this);
            if ( $self.closest('.navTab').hasClass('PopupClosed') )
            {
                tabHoverTimer = setTimeout(function() {
                    $self.siblings('.SplitCtrl').trigger('click');
                }, 450);
            }
        });
        $('.publicTabs .navLink').on('mouseout', function() {
            clearTimeout(tabHoverTimer);
        });
    }

Top Bottom