1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Tab manager for the RM

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Please add a tab manager to the Resource Manager. This would allow us to add or remove tabs according to our needs.
  2. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

ShowCase :)
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

tab...e blunt, I like this suggestion lol
  4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Which tabs inparticular?
  5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

For my needs I would change all tabs and add new ones.
    erich37 likes this.
  6. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Fair enough
  7. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Plus rename via Phrases.
    Shelley and erich37 like this.
  8. Jainic

Jainic Active Member

9. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

This would be useful.
  10. Scharesoft

Scharesoft Active Member

A great idea! I would like this.
  11. ggace

ggace Active Member

Any resource developers considering this? I would gladly donate to the cause. This is a MUST!
    intradox and Scharesoft like this.
  12. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Would contribute as well, specifically for a FAQ tab and Gallery Tab (i know images are attached to the bottom but I would like/prefer a gallery tab...)
  13. Scharesoft

Scharesoft Active Member

I would need such tab for the readme file and of course for a gallery.
  14. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

@Hornstar @Scharesoft @ggace @intradox
    Like the first post if you want this implemented. I would not be surprised if we see a new version of the RM in the near future.
  15. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

intradox and Scharesoft like this.
  16. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

It's clear that RM 1.1 will allow new tabs to be added, but I do not see any mention of removing existing tabs. For example if I want to remove the 'version' or the 'discussion' tab, then a tab manager or similar function should allow me to disable the function.
    Is this part of the request implemented as well?
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  17. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The version and discussion tab are already potentially removable based on configuration (eg, not having a discussion thread). If that doesn't fit your needs, it would be more of a styling thing so you should remove them from the template.

What's in custom fields is mostly what can be done generically (in terms of adding tabs) as you're requesting. Other things would have to be done specifically because they would need custom code.
  18. oman

oman Well-Known Member

19. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Many thanks for adding the ability to add tabs. I especially like that tabs can be added on a category basis because this allows the admin to define specific setups per category :)
    However, I would really like to also be able to restrict which tabs are used per category. i.e. restrict users to add a updates, reviews, version or discussion tab in specific categories.
    Because if that is possible then its truly possible to create specific setups per category.
  20. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Then you should like my suggestion