Fixed  Tab in post new thread not working as expected

BirdOPrey5

When I post a new thread and I'm writing the title I'm used to hitting 'tab' to go to the next field to start writing the actual post, this is how it works on vB and other forums that I know of. Here I have to hit tab ~ 18 times to go through every field from "remove formatting" to "media" on the editor before being put in the text box. Ideally the text box would be 1 tab press away from the title.

I can confirm you have to tab through all the editor buttons in Chrome (and Chromium on Linux).

Chrome and Firefox seem to treat elements added via Javascript differently in terms of tab index. I guess possible solutions-- add a tabindex to all form elements, OR add a tabindex of 0 or -1 to the editor buttons.

Yes, it's still happening. This refers to tabbing from the "title" input to the "message" textarea when creating a new thread.

As explained here, this is currently not working in Firefox. When you tab from "title" it takes you to a black spot above the editor toolbar (which looks like a link).

Attachments

• tab.webp
    tab.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 9
As explained here, this is currently not working in Firefox. When you tab from "title" it takes you to a black spot above the editor toolbar (which looks like a link).

This happens to me on other areas, not just new thread. I just noticed it when posting a new conversation. This may be site wide.

Top Bottom