1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Tab in post new thread not working as expected

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by BirdOPrey5, Jul 30, 2010.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

When I post a new thread and I'm writing the title I'm used to hitting 'tab' to go to the next field to start writing the actual post, this is how it works on vB and other forums that I know of. Here I have to hit tab ~ 18 times to go through every field from "remove formatting" to "media" on the editor before being put in the text box. Ideally the text box would be 1 tab press away from the title.
  2. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

What browser are you using? In Firefox3.6 it tabs from the title input to the editor textarea.
  3. BirdOPrey5

oh.. Chrome :)

You're right, it works well in FF for me too.
  4. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

I can confirm you have to tab through all the editor buttons in Chrome (and Chromium on Linux).

Chrome and Firefox seem to treat elements added via Javascript differently in terms of tab index. I guess possible solutions-- add a tabindex to all form elements, OR add a tabindex of 0 or -1 to the editor buttons.
  5. Floris

Floris Guest

Is this still happening, with the new navbar?
  6. BirdOPrey5

new navbar? But yes, still happening.
  7. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Yes, it's still happening. This refers to tabbing from the "title" input to the "message" textarea when creating a new thread.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Works fine for me with FF and Win7.

Write title, tab, write content.
  9. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Aha, another thing Chrome does :D
  10. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

As explained here, this is currently not working in Firefox. When you tab from "title" it takes you to a black spot above the editor toolbar (which looks like a link).

Attached Files:

11. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

i got it (FF 3.6.8) ...
  12. Eric

Eric Active Member

Appears to do the same thing in Firefox 4 beta 2 on Win7
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

It's not working for me in the latest FF version.
  14. iardon

iardon Member

This happens to me on other areas, not just new thread. I just noticed it when posting a new conversation. This may be site wide.
  15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed locally.