Switched Hosts, Facing Issues

denisx04

I recently switched to a new host and the host is great, provided quick and great support. This isn't my first rodeo so I understand the whole DNS thing. I know it takes the DNS 24-48 hours to set in but it's usually always really quick. So two days later most of my members are on the new server, some are still stuck on the old server, for me personally it always switches back and forth. Now here is the funny part, I woke up today and tried to get on my FTP, can't log into cpanel, can't log in ftp. Host gave me a IP link to allow to to log in and that worked.

My domain www.enixorigin.com was a wordpress site and now when you go on it, it's a Malaysia forum, now when I go to MY forum ( which was working perfectly ) that too now takes me to an Malaysia forum.

For the love of god somebody help me.

I think this depends on who was doing the DNS.

As one example, I noticed that godaddy seems to switch it over REALLY quickly....I mean like one minute!

Your site works perfectly for me.....

My guess is that the settings at your original registrar were somehow wrong.....or, the old host somehow is taking precedence....

I'm getting to your site fine.

That's the thing, I'm finding that I have to reboot my computer, router, and wireless router to access my actual site. Now only that but I told some of the members who are having errors ( after I cancelled my old host they are now receiving the errors ) to do the same and it's not doing a thing, not taking them to the new servers.

Every few hours it takes me back to the old server, or to the Malaysia forum.

Yes I can reach it just fine too. The screen shot you showed me via ticket, is not a site we host, so it is indeed still directing you to your old host still. http://www.intodns.com/enixorigin.com everything is perfect in DNS resolving. We transfered you to our servers just a little over 24 hours ago. DNS is pretty fast for majority of ISP's now, that is why a majority of your members are reaching your site but some ISP's still do use very high Time-To-Live (TTL) settings and that can take up to 72 even 96 hours to refresh. If your computer has been restarted, there is very little else you can do but wait it out.

I managed to get it pretty solid for me, my other few members though no luck :/
Tell those users to configure their system to use 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 as their DNS servers. I found that at one point my ISP was using a LOOOONG TTL for the DNS. Making the change to Google's DNS servers solved that problem. I now keep my router set to use Google DNS instead of pulling from the ISP.

Tell those users to configure their system to use 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 as their DNS servers. I found that at one point my ISP was using a LOOOONG TTL for the DNS. Making the change to Google's DNS servers solved that problem. I now keep my router set to use Google DNS instead of pulling from the ISP.

Is there a tutorial I can direct them to? I'm pretty sure most of my members won't know what I'm talking about. Over 48 hours in too, although most of my members are solid, sometimes they get transferred to a weird site probably on the old server since I cancelled it.

I once had a DNS change take nearly 5 days to update and in the end, as suggested above, changing to Google's DNS servers fixed it.

That is very odd, go into cPanel and create a sub domain and use that til it updates. I'm really stumped why your DNS is taking this long for a select few.

Top Bottom